NCL Spirit - Cabins 10186 or 10686

Lisakct

Has anyone stayed in either of these cabins?  Pros?  Cons?  Looks like the restaurant is right above the room, also was wondering about the balcony.  Is it a full balcony, or partial. 

Thanks for your kind responses.

7 minutes ago, Lisakct said:

Has anyone stayed in either of these cabins?  Pros?  Cons?  Looks like the restaurant is right above the room, also was wondering about the balcony.  Is it a full balcony, or partial. 

Onda is on 12.  Before the most recent drydock, was curtained off part of buffet at night for La Cucina.   We sailed in OS in 9708 which is more or less below that room. Restaurant never very busy.  Dinner there was excellent though.

Only issues was really bad shaking when ship over 20 knots.  That may have been fixed.  Shaking like everything in room making noise.

Pro, right by Spice.  That outdoor tiered seating is great.

I'd go with it.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, dexddd said:

Pro, right by Spice.  That outdoor tiered seating is great.

I'd go with it.

Thanks dexddd,

We're booked in 10186.  I figure we should have no problem getting good seats at Spice being right there.  I really would like to hear from someone who may have stayed in this cabin....looking at pictures of the ship, I'm concerned about the balcony being cut off.  

• Like 1

We stayed in 10686 a few times before the refurb (and were booked in 10186 last year but it was cancelled).

Keeping in mind that things may have changed during the refurb, it was by a long way our favourite room on the ship. For a balcony cabin, at no extra cost, you get a massive room. I'm not aware of any bigger non suite rooms on any NCL ships.

The balcony was the full length of the cabin (again, pre refurb, things may have changed) and as noted above you are really close to the tiered seating at the aft which we really love. We always used to get breakfast out there.

Onda it two floors up, so there is no impact from that being there. My one concern is whether you may get noise from Spice, but I think that you are far enough away for that to not be a major problem.

I've attached some pictures. Hopefully they haven't made too many changes to the layout, and 10186 should be a mirror image.

IMG_4386.jpeg

IMG_4387.jpeg

IMG_4388.jpeg

IMG_4390.jpeg

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, Lisakct said:

Thanks dexddd,

We're booked in 10186.  I figure we should have no problem getting good seats at Spice being right there.  I really would like to hear from someone who may have stayed in this cabin....looking at pictures of the ship, I'm concerned about the balcony being cut off.  

I haven't been in this stateroom but did find a couple Youtube videos.  The first one done by Tie Drones shows the Spirit departing Piraeus in 2018.  At 2:46 there is a good shot of  last balcony starboard side.  Balcony looks same size as those above and below it.  However, this video was done before the Spirit refurbishment.  Is it possible that additional staterooms were added starboard side on deck 10 towards the stern??

Cruisedeckplana shows 10186 to be a large balcony same shape as 10686 on the port side.  Keith Jenner posted photos of 10686 above and there is an old Youtube video out there.

I also found this Youtube video done May 1, 2022 by #TahitiOcean.  At 1:11 there is a pretty good shot of the last balcony starboard side and it does look longer than the balcony just forward of it (note balcony door placement).   Looks nothing like video above yet both ships show Norwegian Spirit.

26 minutes ago, kjquilts said:

Is it possible that additional staterooms were added starboard side on deck 10 towards the stern??

Yes, that is exactly what happened. New cabins were added where the kids club used to be. 10186 is one of them.

Thanks for your pictures and videos.  They are helpful.  Yes, I believe the starboard cabins were all added after the refurb.  I was hoping that someone recently was in these cabins and could comment on them.  We've decided to go ahead and stick with 10186.  

• Like 1

• 5 weeks later...

On 8/10/2022 at 11:37 AM, Justin and Ben said:

Did you end up staying the the room? We are booked in 10186 in September! But deciding if I should bid to upgrade. We picked the room because it was such a big room at not price upgrade. Have any pics? 

We did book this room for our November cruise.  Also thinking about an upgrade, but I think we would be happy with this room.  Our upgrade options are all suites, but, when I do a mock booking, there is only 1 suite available.  If you don't get your upgrade, let me know what you think of this room.  

• 1 month later...
On 7/11/2022 at 1:16 PM, Lisakct said:

We just got off the Spirit and stayed in 10186! Hands down, this is the best room, without having a suite! The room was huge! The balcony was double the size and it’s literally steps away from the H20 bar, hot tubs and pool. The bathroom was the same size as normal. The restaurant above is just overflow for the Buffett for outside seating, so chair moving and noise was minimal and ended early! We would book this room every single time, if we took this ship! If we didn’t get a suite! CBD71D40-35B5-45BC-A82A-83E86092DDA3.thumb.jpeg.fdb720fe684d8b0e776014f7e96f05af.jpegFE1A6DC3-6700-47CF-9FC4-5041A3494634.thumb.jpeg.a5685af3de82c85f97f0815cb33eb82d.jpegDCB17AB5-AD5C-44C2-BFE1-55CEF18070CF.thumb.jpeg.b1eac68d4bb85d17ac90f108c32550c8.jpeg6BB409A9-62EF-4D9D-98FC-B1366E052A6A.thumb.jpeg.5fa1e5c5b41ab05fc39fe765107b3742.jpeg

• Like 3

• 5 months later...

Just booked this 10686 for a May 2025 cruise! Figured I'd book super early to get this room. Looks amazing. The video i've seen on youtube for 10686 looks pre-refurb. I assume it's exactly as the 10186 photos above. TY