Has anyone used Luggage Free for delivery of suitcases to Ravenna, Italy?

Twiga

We are considering using Luggage Free, the Azamara partner, for shipping our suitcases to the Pursuit in Ravenna this October.  They say that they will deliver our luggage to our stateroom.  Has anyone used Luggage Free this year for a cruise leaving Ravenna (specifically) or from another port?  If so, what is your opinion of their service?  Did your luggage arrive safely and on time?  Please let me know if you have any comments or suggestions that may help me when shipping my suitcases to the Pursuit.  Thank you in advance!

We also have a cruise later this year that will be departing from Ravenna and are curious if anyone has had experience with shipping luggage recently with Luggage Free to ANY port in Europe.   There have been stories and pictures on TV and internet in the last few days showing thousands of bags stranded at airports in Heathrow and Amsterdam especially so it would be great to ship the large bags to the cruise port and only have to worry about carry-ons!  Luggage Free is partnered with Azamara and other cruise lines, but would like to hear if others would recommend.

• 4 weeks later...

If you have used Luggage Free to ship your suitcases, did you use an Air Tag, Smart Tracker or other tracking device for the suitcases?  If so, did it work as expected?

6 hours ago, Twiga said:

If you have used Luggage Free to ship your suitcases, did you use an Air Tag, Smart Tracker or other tracking device for the suitcases?  If so, did it work as expected?

I sure hope you get an answer to this question since we want to know also for next year.  So glad you asked it! 

Susan

I have used Luggage Forward in the past because it was associated with the cruise line I was sailing on- and it has always been great.  I'm using Luggage Free this time because they are associated with Azamara. They see similar (except Luggage Free is less expensive) and the reviews are also similar.

On request Luggage Free will send you a list of prohibited items for packing-- Air Tags are NOT on the prohibited  list.

Due to the many items prohibited such as liquids I am forced to check my carryon bag and take a small tote on the plane  that attaches to my carry on.

On 8/15/2022 at 8:13 AM, Lois10028 said:

On request Luggage Free will send you a list of prohibited items for packing-- Air Tags are NOT on the prohibited  list.

Due to the many items prohibited such as liquids I am forced to check my carryon bag and take a small tote on the plane  that attaches to my carry on.

Yes, the problem is the prohibition against shipping liquids.  I usually pack most liquid items in my checked luggage.  This time I will take only what I can't find in stores in the countries we visit.  It will be easy enough to buy sunscreen and lotions along the way.

1 hour ago, Twiga said:

Yes, the problem is the prohibition against shipping liquids.  I usually pack most liquid items in my checked luggage.  This time I will take only what I can't find in stores in the countries we visit.  It will be easy enough to buy sunscreen and lotions along the way.

Do you know if you can have bottles of wine in your luggage when using luggage free?

11 hours ago, Richk582 said:

Do you know if you can have bottles of wine in your luggage when using luggage free?

No alcohol is allowed.  The prohibited items include "alcohol, or any goods containing alcohol, such as perfume or cologne."  About the only things you may pack are clothes.  The prohibited list is extensive.

• Thanks 1

Having priced up the Luggage Free service and looked at the restrictions, I would almost be cheaper to buy my student son a quick return economy ticket and ask him to come as the sherpa 🙂 

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, uktog said:

Having priced up the Luggage Free service and looked at the restrictions, I would almost be cheaper to buy my student son a quick return economy ticket and ask him to come as the sherpa 🙂 

That was my take on it too!

• Like 1