Flying into Boston early(8am) on a Sat

southernshug

with ship not leaving until 4pm. Does anyone know anyplace that we might be able to store our luggage during our wait? We thoughts we'd wander around and see the sights but don't really want to haul the suitcases with us. Open to all suggestions, lol

I searched South Station which is the closest train station to the port and airport. You probably should call to make sure they will hold your luggage.  To get to South Station from the airport you can take the Silver Line (a bus) to South Station.  From South Station you can take another Silver Line (a bus) to the port (Dockyard).  Vehicular traffic from the airport to South Station and Boston in general (using the Ted Williams Tunnel) may be backed up because the other tunnel (the Sumner Tunnel) from the airport (East Boston) to the city is closed on the weekends for repairs.  

For information about public transportation (aka "The T") go to mbta.com. They have a really good trip planner.  I live in the Boston area and use the trip planner all of the time.

Enjoy your cruise and your visit to Boston.

LUGGAGE STORAGE

Train Terminal: Teddy Ballgames, located at the front of the station, offers bag storage.
Phone: (617) 330-1261
Hours: M-F: 7am - 7pm; Sat - Sun: 9am - 5pm

• Like 1

Take the Rowes Wharf Water Shuttle across the Harbor from the Airport to the Boston Harbor Hotel area on Rowes Wharf.  The price of the shuttle includes luggage storage at their downtown site.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, southernshug said:

with ship not leaving until 4pm. Does anyone know anyplace that we might be able to store our luggage during our wait? We thoughts we'd wander around and see the sights but don't really want to haul the suitcases with us. Open to all suggestions, lol

The other option is to make brunch reservations at a nice hotel and they'll be happy to store bags for the day and then head to the ship when you're ready. With a 4pm departure you will presumably be boarding no later than 1pm so you don't have a ton of time to really see much of Boston. 

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, southernshug said:

Thank you all for your suggestions. I'm thinking the brunch idea might be a good one. Can anyone suggest a good place?

My personal favorite would be Oak Long Bar at Fairmont Copley Plaza-- its a Boston landmark in its own right and worth a visit. The Newbury Hotel and the Four Seasons would be honorable mentions. All three put you in great walking distance to Boston Common and Public Garden. 

19 hours ago, princeton123211 said:

My personal favorite would be Oak Long Bar at Fairmont Copley Plaza-- its a Boston landmark in its own right and worth a visit. The Newbury Hotel and the Four Seasons would be honorable mentions. All three put you in great walking distance to Boston Common and Public Garden. 

Thank you so much!