Messina to Taormina By Taxi

cleobella

Does anyone know if there is a flat rate to go from Messina Port to Taormina by cab?  This will be on a Sunday and we would probably want to go 9am-2pm.  Would it be difficult finding a taxi at port or to return back to Port at 2pm?

Thanks for the effort Eurocruiser! You are one of the most helpful people on this Forum. Steamboats, this is exactly what I was looking for, thanks very much. I'm sure the prices have gone up, but it gives me a ballpark guess.

• Like 1

On 7/13/2022 at 9:42 AM, cleobella said:

Does anyone know if there is a flat rate to go from Messina Port to Taormina by cab?  This will be on a Sunday and we would probably want to go 9am-2pm.  Would it be difficult finding a taxi at port or to return back to Port at 2pm?

I booked a round trip transfer (no tour guide) with Sicily Taxi Service & they have vans that hold 2-8 people.  It was a fair price for 6 of us.  And I got to choose my own pick up and drop off times.  Previously we used the bus from the ship, but this trip we wanted more time in Taormina.  

• 5 months later...
On 7/15/2022 at 10:58 AM, Tbird58 said:

I booked a round trip transfer (no tour guide) with Sicily Taxi Service & they have vans that hold 2-8 people.  It was a fair price for 6 of us.  And I got to choose my own pick up and drop off times.  Previously we used the bus from the ship, but this trip we wanted more time in Taormina.  

Thanks Tbird58.  Based on your suggestion, I contacted Sicily Taxi Service.  Do you recall when the driver dropped you off at Taormina, if it was a long walk to the town or did he drop you right in town?  I'm hearing about where buses drop off and stuff and just want to know what to expect.  Thank you!

9 minutes ago, tj_shopper said:

Thanks Tbird58.  Based on your suggestion, I contacted Sicily Taxi Service.  Do you recall when the driver dropped you off at Taormina, if it was a long walk to the town or did he drop you right in town?  I'm hearing about where buses drop off and stuff and just want to know what to expect.  Thank you!

They should be able to drop you off right at one of the gates of Taormina.  The Main Street is pedestrian-only.  From the main gates, it is just a few feet to get inside and start your walking around.  As a comparison, if you were to take one of the excursion buses, they park/unload in the parking garage maybe 100 yards outside one of the gates and then you walk to the city gate.  So a taxi should be able to get you about 95 yards closer than the buses do.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, MeHeartCruising said:

They should be able to drop you off right at one of the gates of Taormina.  The Main Street is pedestrian-only.  From the main gates, it is just a few feet to get inside and start your walking around.  As a comparison, if you were to take one of the excursion buses, they park/unload in the parking garage maybe 100 yards outside one of the gates and then you walk to the city gate.  So a taxi should be able to get you about 95 yards closer than the buses do.

Thank you!!

44 minutes ago, tj_shopper said:

Unfortunately we ended up having to cancel our cruise that had this port.  So I'm not sure.  But, based on my communication with them via email, they were very receptive to all my questions...so I'm sure you can email them and ask.  Have fun!

4 minutes ago, Tbird58 said:

Unfortunately we ended up having to cancel our cruise that had this port.  So I'm not sure.  But, based on my communication with them via email, they were very receptive to all my questions...so I'm sure you can email them and ask.  Have fun!

I’m sorry you had to cancel your cruise.