Does Virgin work with TAs?

CrazyTrain2

2 hours ago, CrazyTrain2 said:

Sir Richard, you have me convinced, I'm headed over to Virgin from another line.  But it seems like Travel Agents (TAs) are not too keen on booking.  Does Virgin work with TAs?

Virgin has a great TA program - lots of training opportunities, good commission. I'm a TA and would happily book clients on Virgin - likely the reluctant TAs are the ones that haven't done the training and don't know how to book?

• Like 3

On 7/14/2022 at 8:58 AM, CrazyTrain2 said:

Sir Richard, you have me convinced, I'm headed over to Virgin from another line.  But it seems like Travel Agents (TAs) are not too keen on booking.  Does Virgin work with TAs?

They have a major TA program and encourage folks to book through TAs. I met one on the Scarlet Lady who is in the top 100 agents for VV and said they have one of the better programs for agents. 

MY travel agent (that's me) finds the booking process relatively simple and straightforward.  However, he (again, me) does NOT enjoy placing calls to VV for things that need to be resolved; the hold times are just out of control right now.

• Like 2

On 7/23/2022 at 4:09 PM, CineGraphic said:

My TA says VV pays a much better commission rate than other cruise lines.

If they are a First Mate they get a good cut, which is also why a TA can offer a small discount on the list prices as they take it out their commission to secure a sale.  

5 hours ago, Lustate said:

If they are a First Mate they get a good cut, which is also why a TA can offer a small discount on the list prices as they take it out their commission to secure a sale.  

My last travel agent gave me a kickback from his commission for every cruise I used to book with him.

It did not matter what line we booked with.

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/14/2022 at 7:58 AM, CrazyTrain2 said:

I am a TA in the US and book TONS of VIrgin Voyages for clients -- extremely easy.  I have 14 going on the Transatlantic in October on Valiant Lady.

Edited by gramfrog
  • Like 1

20 minutes ago, gramfrog said:

I am a TA in the US and book TONS of VIrgin Voyages for clients -- extremely easy.  I have 14 going on the Transatlantic in October on Valiant Lady.

Jacque I'd love to talk to you some while on the TA!  Hopefully we can meet!  Sounds like you have a lot of knowledge on cruising and areas!  We LOVE cruising!

13 minutes ago, davidnkim said:

Jacque I'd love to talk to you some while on the TA!  Hopefully we can meet!  Sounds like you have a lot of knowledge on cruising and areas!  We LOVE cruising!

I'll look forward to it!