New to Princess, anything extra between Owners suite and Penthouse Suite

Peachestravels

We are new to Princess. Have cruised several times with other cruise lines. Forgive me if this question has been answered. Trying to decide between Owners Suite or Penthoyse Suite on Discovery. Do you get anything extra if you book Owners Suite since it is more expensive or are all the extras the same for both style Suites? Any information would be greatly appreciated. Thank you kindly. 

Hmmm.  I had thought that the Owner's Suites on the Royal class ships were all re-categorized to Penthouse Suites?  These are at the aft of the ship and have wraparound balconies, some wider than others.  I did check the deck plan for Discovery and see that there are two Owner's Suites, both on Emerald deck.  If I had my choice of any aft suite I would pick ones on Dolphin, Baja, or Riviera decks for the larger balcony before I would select the ones on Emerald deck.  Not sure what they would have changed inside to make these Owner's Suites.  Generally on the older ships an Owner's Suite would have a dining room table with 4 chairs which is a nice addition but hopefully someone has stayed in these Emerald Deck suites and can answer your question definitively.

• Like 1

We were recently on Discovery in owners suite. Nothing extra except space.  Rooms separated by closets and curtain.  Balcony while narrower was still huge over Dolphin balcony.  No table unfortunately - just a sofa bed and arm chair.  Lots of room for table though.  Loved the room

• Like 1