Transfer status from Royal Caribbean?

superduper123

I am new to Celebrity, ( sailed Summit in June) and will be close to D+ on Royal after my next cruise. As far as Celebrity goes, is there any difference between D and D+ , or does it all classify as Elite? Trying to decide if I want to make it to D+ with Royal or not bother. We prefer Celebrity and will probably make a complete switch, just not sure when.  

Thanks

7 minutes ago, superduper123 said:

I am new to Celebrity, ( sailed Summit in June) and will be close to D+ on Royal after my next cruise. As far as Celebrity goes, is there any difference between D and D+ , or does it all classify as Elite? Trying to decide if I want to make it to D+ with Royal or not bother. We prefer Celebrity and will probably make a complete switch, just not sure when.  

Thanks

If close, there might be good reasons to get to D+ on RCCL, regardless of your matching status with Celebrity.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, superduper123 said:

Thanks

As far as Celebrity goes there is no difference.  They will both be Elite.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, superduper123 said:

Thanks

Hello,

I hope I have not misunderstood what you are saying.

Whilst you can 'status match' between RCI & X subject to ceilings listed above, you don't get the points. So say you are DP on RCI, you will be Elite on X but with zero points and you will have to start earning them, from nothing, on X in order to progress to Elite Plus and Zenith. (All that is, of course, subject to including just your Summit points but for this argument it only confuses the principle.)

So in this context, making DP on Royal will not affect your X status, moreover staying on Royal to achieve DP will delay you starting to accumulate points on X in order to progress up the X Captains' Club hierarchy. (I'm going to start a movement to move the apostrophe to where it belongs!)

Regards,

Cublet

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

We too are close to D+ on Royal.. one or two cruises away... but switched to Celebrity a few years ago.. we tried for the longer itineraries and stayed because we really liked Celebrity. Not knocking Royal.. it is just Celebrity was just right. Anyway..if you are D+ on Royal... you will still be considered Elite on Celebrity. For that reason...we didn't bother to take the additional cruises.. and after a few years .. we are now a legit Elite on Celebrity. Likely won't be cruising enough to get to a higher status..but no matter. 

• Like 1

We like both Celebrity and RCL. They both have their plusses and minuses.

The main difference between Diamond and Diamond+ on RCL that would make a difference for us is the drink voucher. You get 4 drinks per day, per person for Diamond and 5 drinks per day per person for Diamond+. We don't drink heavily so being Diamond+ has the advantage (for us) of not having to pay for drinks or buying a drink package on the RCL cruises. These vouchers are plenty for us. It saves us a lot of money.

If you like Celebrity more than RCL, then I don't see why you would need to attain Diamond+ unless you plan on cruising with RCL some more in the future. If you do, then you'll make Diamond+ anyway so perhaps it might be a moot point.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, kearney said:

We too are close to D+ on Royal.. one or two cruises away... but switched to Celebrity a few years ago.. we tried for the longer itineraries and stayed because we really liked Celebrity. Not knocking Royal.. it is just Celebrity was just right. Anyway..if you are D+ on Royal... you will still be considered Elite on Celebrity. For that reason...we didn't bother to take the additional cruises.. and after a few years .. we are now a legit Elite on Celebrity. Likely won't be cruising enough to get to a higher status..but no matter. 

This is what I'm thinking also.