Rapid Antigen Test (RAT) near Riverside Hotel

drakes2

Planning to fly from Toronto 2 days prior to cruise and staying at the Riverside. They have testing close by but results may not come in before cruise on the Monday. Would appreciate suggestions for a test near hotel within walking distance. Failing that I will have to fly in a day in advance and test day before I leave. Its only a 3 hour flight for me but I just want to make sure I get my luggage in time.

I'm staying there also post and pre cruise in October.  An antigen test should only take minutes, not days to get the results!  Try contacting the testing facility to confirm.  Otherwise, you could look into taking one of the monitored self tests such as eMed (you purchase the test kit from them through the mail then they proctor it through their APP) or Optum or purchase your own antigen test at a pharmacy and get it monitored by any of the several companies that offer the service. (What I will be doing)

One company which you can supply your own test kit is:

Rapid COVID-19 Tests Online at Home. Observed Tests for Cruises and Travel (rapidtestandtrace.com)

eMed | Airline Travel

Edited by oakridger

6 hours ago, oakridger said:

I was on a chat forum with them yesterday and the person was extremely helpful. I have several boxes of sealed tests at home so will take one of those. She said the box doesn't have to be sealed just the test and they walk you through it.  Seems there are a lot of companies that do the virtual testing they also have a discount code that you can use to purchase the test.  Thanks for your help. 

On 7/18/2022 at 12:30 PM, drakes2 said:

Its curative but they don't do it Sundays. Too risky for me.

Curative's (right in the Riverside Hotel) website said PCR results withing 1-2 hours and Antigen results less than an hour.  If you tested on Saturday than you would be good for your Monday cruise (unless your flight is getting in to FLL after closing hours).

They don't list the fee if you don't have insurance but said insurance will fully cover the cost.  I didn't see anything about US citizens only @FritzG.  Where did you get that information?   

Thanks for the Curative info which gives me two good options!  I will need the test at the end of October 2022 so this whole discussion may be irrelevant by then!

~Nancy

1 hour ago, oakridger said:

Curative's (right in the Riverside Hotel) website said PCR results withing 1-2 hours and Antigen results less than an hour.  If you tested on Saturday than you would be good for your Monday cruise (unless your flight is getting in to FLL after closing hours).

They don't list the fee if you don't have insurance but said insurance will fully cover the cost.  I didn't see anything about US citizens only @FritzG.  Where did you get that information?   

Thanks for the Curative info which gives me two good options!  I will need the test at the end of October 2022 so this whole discussion may be irrelevant by then!

~Nancy

@oakridgerdecided on the virtual testing for Sunday morning  as flight could be delayed getting into FLL.  At the moment things seem good with the Air Canada flight I am booking but Pearson Airport in Toronto is the worst for cancellations and delays and too big a risk. Should improve after labour day.  The antigen test is $99 USD pretty expensive since I only pay $16 canadian at Costco. 

35 minutes ago, AF-1 said:

This link provides online testing and has the best price.  You can use one of the government kits that were sent to you and for $14.95 they will telehealth the test for you. Results within an hour.  

https://onpoint-testing.com/

Thats very reasonable. I prefer flying out 2 days prior to cruise due to delays and flight cancellations. 

1 hour ago, drakes2 said:

Thats very reasonable. I prefer flying out 2 days prior to cruise due to delays and flight cancellations. 

You can do that and still take the test in your hotel room.  Princess allows three day testing if you are vaccinated plus boostered

1 hour ago, AF-1 said:

You can do that and still take the test in your hotel room.  Princess allows three day testing if you are vaccinated plus boostered

@AF-1I really wish they'd do away with it. Cruise is end September so see what happens by then. If they follow Princess I can do my test Friday and sail Monday. 

5 minutes ago, drakes2 said:

@AF-1I really wish they'd do away with it. Cruise is end September so see what happens by then. If they follow Princess I can do my test Friday and sail Monday. 

I hope they do away with it too.  I sail in Oct and will be in New York two days prior to my sailing; so I plan on doing virtual test at home the day prior to leaving for New York.  

• Thanks 1