Arrival group not available - cruise tour?

basil92008

We are going on a cruise tour to Alaska in a little over a week. We are doing the land portion first. I am still unable to select an arrival time in the Medallion app, even though I am getting emails to do so. I just keep getting an error that "arrival groups will be available closer to the start of your journey".

I kind of figured since we are arriving on the train, which arrives in Whittier at 6 pm, that that would be our arrival time. I don't want to be delayed getting on, though, if there is something more I should be doing?

Anyone had this experience? I kind of thought maybe it was common, but I did a search and did not find any similar experiences.

Thanks!

Now that you have your answer, I am going to "hijack" your thread.  

I am wondering if Arrival Group assignments have become the dinosaur of the Medallion App.  Several posters/threads have said that they weren't able to get a time, no one is checking, not relevant any longer, just show up, etc.

How difficult would it be for Princess to set a policy for this AND/OR alert passengers via an email, text, or on their website when the window will open?

I check my app daily (sometimes more than once).  I have to wait for white screens to go away before I even get to the Arrival/Departure section.  Then the "not surprised" that there is no choice.  BTW....the Departure section never ever activated!

@basil92008Thank you for allowing me to post on your thread.  I read your OP and noticed that you received an email/s.  I have never received any communication from Princess with an alert.

As @NavyVeteranmentioned, those arriving by train or Princess Transport do not have to be concerned about picking an Arrival Time.  It's the rest of us that are left in the dark (or white screen).

@cr8tiv1 - I received an email with booking information that included the following, emphasis added by me:

IMPORTANT REMINDERS FOR YOUR CRUISE

It's almost time for your cruise vacation! Please make sure you remember to:

- Download the MedallionClass app to complete cruise check-in and the

mandatory Health Questionnaire (MUST be completed by each guest at least 24 hours before your cruise).

- Bring proof of COVID-19 vaccination and acceptable proof of a negative viral

COVID-19 test (PCR or antigen) taken before the start of your cruisetour (for guests 2 years and older). For required timing, visit *****/pcl_ustest

- Select an arrival time to the pier on the MedallionClass app. For the health

and safety of all, do not arrive prior to your assigned check-in time.

- The ability to go ashore in ports of call is controlled by the ports we

visit and may depend on your vaccination date and booster status.

- Complete ArriveCAN in advance of your cruise and enter proof of vaccination

and travel information. Visit https://*****/pcl_arrivecan for instructions.

- We are unable to provide debark COVID-19 tests on voyages ending in Canada.

If you require a test to fly home, please make independent arrangements.

It would be nice if the app or the email would say if you didn't need to select an arrival time! Obviously the computer knows it, since it's not allowing me to chose. It would be as simple as a different error message stating "you don't need to chose an arrival time, all set". 

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, cr8tiv1 said:

Now that you have your answer, I am going to "hijack" your thread.  

I am wondering if Arrival Group assignments have become the dinosaur of the Medallion App.  Several posters/threads have said that they weren't able to get a time, no one is checking, not relevant any longer, just show up, etc.

How difficult would it be for Princess to set a policy for this AND/OR alert passengers via an email, text, or on their website when the window will open?

I check my app daily (sometimes more than once).  I have to wait for white screens to go away before I even get to the Arrival/Departure section.  Then the "not surprised" that there is no choice.  BTW....the Departure section never ever activated!

@basil92008Thank you for allowing me to post on your thread.  I read your OP and noticed that you received an email/s.  I have never received any communication from Princess with an alert.

As @NavyVeteranmentioned, those arriving by train or Princess Transport do not have to be concerned about picking an Arrival Time.  It's the rest of us that are left in the dark (or white screen).

I agree - it should NOT be that difficult for Princess to have a consistent window where arrival groups become available. On my April cruise, I was NEVER able to get to the arrival group screen (white screen of death every time) and I received countless emails reminding me to choose a time or one would be selected for me. Well, I never chose one because I couldn't and, if one were chosen for me there was nowhere on the app or documentation that told me this. I am now 60 days out from my next cruise and am able to get past the white screen but get the annoying "0 groups available" screen. Maybe it's too early - but how would I know that, since princess has neglected to tell anyone? Am I expected to just keep checking each day until they magically appear? It really should not be this difficult...

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, ceilidh1 said:

I agree - it should NOT be that difficult for Princess to have a consistent window where arrival groups become available. On my April cruise, I was NEVER able to get to the arrival group screen (white screen of death every time) and I received countless emails reminding me to choose a time or one would be selected for me. Well, I never chose one because I couldn't and, if one were chosen for me there was nowhere on the app or documentation that told me this. I am now 60 days out from my next cruise and am able to get past the white screen but get the annoying "0 groups available" screen. Maybe it's too early - but how would I know that, since princess has neglected to tell anyone? Am I expected to just keep checking each day until they magically appear? It really should not be this difficult...

Yes, you should be checking everyday (oh, I'm bad/sorry).  Agent told me today that his latest cheat sheet says 30 days out.  

BTW...also told me that emails to customer relations is taking 8 weeks to get a response.