Dates of vaccination to board

ace2542

Quotation from Cunard website below

"If more than 270 days (calculated from the last day of the cruise) have passed since the full completion of a vaccination course, a booster vaccine will also be needed and must be administered a minimum of seven days prior to travel"

It might be more than 270 days since my THIRD vaccine dose by the time we sail in August and I am NOT being offered the fourth apparently. What does this mean for me as i can't get the fourth dose.

Opinons please thanks

My interpretation is that "full completion of a vaccination course"  means, for example,  two doses of MRNA such as Pfizer or Moderna. As you know, the third dose is known as the first booster. At this time Cunard is not requiring a second booster, i. e. a fourth dose. This was explained to us in an e-mail from Cunard shortly before our Vancouver embarkation on the Queen Elizabeth.

Of course it is possible the rules are different in the UK vs North America, but there were a lot of British passengers on our Alaska cruise.

• Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, ace2542 said:

And to use the same thread. With a departure date of August 25th and last sailing day of September 11th what date should be on the NHS vaccination documents?

Ace, your Covid vaccination  travel 'pass' should be valid for six months once you print or download it. The date will be under the 2D barcode.

7 minutes ago, Victoria2 said:

Ace, your Covid vaccination  travel 'pass' should be valid for six months once you print or download it. The date will be under the 2D barcode.

It was for 30 days and sent by post. The 30 days has now expired. Should it be from August 12th to Sept 11th or Aug 13th to Sept 12th?

5 minutes ago, ace2542 said:

It was for 30 days and sent by post. The 30 days has now expired. Should it be from August 12th to Sept 11th or Aug 13th to Sept 12th?

I logged into my NHS app, went to the  NHS Covid Pass for travel, follow the links and lazy me had it emailed to me and I printed it off..

It's valid for 6 mths from date of printing and if I want a longer dated one,  I'll just print off the pass again as it will have 6 mths from that date, on it.

1 minute ago, Victoria2 said:

I logged into my NHS app, went to the  NHS Covid Pass for travel, follow the links and lazy me had it emailed to me and I printed it off..

It's valid for 6 mths from date of printing and if I want a longer dated one,  I'll just print off the pass again as it will have 6 mths from that date, on it.

Are you sure about that?. I think ours NHS print outs have an expiary date of 30 days but I am not sure.

5 minutes ago, ace2542 said:

Are you sure about that?. I think ours NHS print outs have an expiary date of 30 days but I am not sure.

Ace, I don't give advice out like that unless I am 100% sure of my facts. It's too important to get wrong. 🙂

Yes, I am sure.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Victoria2 said:

2 hours ago, Victoria2 said:

Ace, I don't give advice out like that unless I am 100% sure of my facts. It's too important to get wrong. 🙂

Yes, I am sure.

Sorry to be pedantic but they are actually only valid for 180 days. https://www.gov.uk/guidance/nhs-covid-pass#:~:text=You%20will%20still%20need%20to,had%20a%2030%2Dday%20expiry🧐 

36 minutes ago, North West Newbie said:

Sorry to be pedantic but they are actually only valid for 180 days. https://www.gov.uk/guidance/nhs-covid-pass#:~:text=You%20will%20still%20need%20to,had%20a%2030%2Dday%20expiry🧐 

You can be pedantic as much as you want. 🙂 180 days is  correct  but then so is 6mths  for those who find 180 days hard to calculate.

An NHS COVID Pass for travel can be based on either your vaccination status or on a positive NHS PCR test result in the last 180 days (6 months).

Edited by Victoria2

22 minutes ago, North West Newbie said:

Precisely HH. The expiry date of the Pass is 180 days after issue, not 6 months.

Definitely 180 days, but the NHS app also has 6 mths so both are valid timings...according to the NHS. 🙂

As I indicated  before, the NHS probably think it easier to remember 6 mths than 180 days and 182.5 approx for 6 mths is even more difficult to remember.  Hence 180 days /6 mths on the web site.

Easier still is to remember the expiry date!

I'll just renew mine  when ever I feel like it.

Edited by Victoria2

16 minutes ago, Victoria2 said:

Definitely 180 days, but the NHS app also has 6 mths so both are valid timings...according to the NHS. 🙂

As I indicated  before, the NHS probably think it easier to remember 6 mths than 180 days  Easier still is to remember the expiry date!

I'll just renew mine  when ever I feel like it.

I see no reference to 6 months (or 180 days for that matter) on my NHS APP only the expiry date of the 2D barcode which is definitive and most certainly 180 days after issue.

6 months is a convenient approximation and could catch some people out.

1 hour ago, North West Newbie said:

I see no reference to 6 months (or 180 days for that matter) on my NHS APP only the expiry date of the 2D barcode which is definitive and most certainly 180 days after issue.

6 months is a convenient approximation and could catch some people out.

Quite right. My mistake. I shouldn't have used the word app in #15 as it's the NHS website Who can get an NHS COVID Pass for travel I was quoting from and not the app.

again and yes, the app does say 180 days but the NHS see fit to use the term 6mths too. For what reason is theirs to ponder on but it's in black and white on their website.

So 180 days on the app and 180 days {6mths} on their web site. Both are of use but not as useful as keeping an eye on your own Covidd Travel Pass.

An NHS COVID Pass for travel can be based on either your vaccination status or on a positive NHS PCR test result in the last 180 days (6 months).

20 hours ago, Victoria2 said:

A word of caution. Printing off the same Pass again will not extend the expiry date. It is necessary to request a new Pass as the 180 days validity runs from the date of issue not the date of printing unless of course they are one of the same.

12 hours ago, Victoria2 said:

Quite right. My mistake. I shouldn't have used the word app in #15 as it's the NHS website Who can get an NHS COVID Pass for travel I was quoting from and not the app.

again and yes, the app does say 180 days but the NHS see fit to use the term 6mths too. For what reason is theirs to ponder on but it's in black and white on their website.

So 180 days on the app and 180 days {6mths} on their web site. Both are of use but not as useful as keeping an eye on your own Covidd Travel Pass.

That refers to who can obtain the Pass, not how long the Pass will be valid for. As you say, one should keep an eye on the expiry date of the 2D barcode.

• Like 1

For simplicity, the NHS uses both 180 days and 6 mths. 

For accuracy, individuals should refer to their own pass and maybe, before the pass is timed out, it will be redundant anyway. Maybe.🙂

Edited by Victoria2

21 hours ago, ace2542 said:

Quotation from Cunard website below

"If more than 270 days (calculated from the last day of the cruise) have passed since the full completion of a vaccination course, a booster vaccine will also be needed and must be administered a minimum of seven days prior to travel"

It might be more than 270 days since my THIRD vaccine dose by the time we sail in August and I am NOT being offered the fourth apparently. What does this mean for me as i can't get the fourth dose.

Opinons please thanks

If you have had the Booster, then you are considered fully vaccinated.

The 270 days relates to people who have only had the first 2 primary vaccination doses

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, Victoria2 said:

For simplicity, the NHS uses both 180 days and 6 mths. 

For accuracy, individuals should refer to their own pass and maybe, before the pass is timed out, it will be redundant anyway. Maybe.🙂

What if we requested new ones - there is no charge for this - would the old QR Codes -- which will not even be scanned btw they weren't at manchester last time - will they be invalidated by our request?

17 minutes ago, ace2542 said:

What if we requested new ones - there is no charge for this - would the old QR Codes -- which will not even be scanned btw they weren't at manchester last time - will they be invalidated by our request?

That I can't answer with certainty as I haven't tried but I presume just as with the previous pass incarnation before the extended dates,  you just make another Covid pass application and the expiry date will be  from the date of the new application and the old QR code will be null and void.

15 minutes ago, Victoria2 said:

That I can't answer with certainty as I haven't tried but I presume just as with the previous pass incarnation before the extended dates,  you just make another Covid pass application and the expiry date will be  from the date of the new application and the old QR code will be null and void.

Thanks. I will ring the 119 and do it.