Will Carnival Follow Princess Easing Vaccine Restrictions

sunonfire

On 7/23/2022 at 7:31 AM, jetsfan58 said:

The total focus remains stayed on passenger and crew safety. The only way Carnival will eliminate the pre cruise testing is that if their revenue starts to decrease due to passengers switching to Virgin, etc. 

Because of the value added pricing for Carnival I really don't predict that happening. Carnival and Royal are still playing the wait and see game. If Virgin and these other lines have a reported "massive Covid breakout" then that will again shut down their Cruises. Nobody wants to see that happen again. 

Be patient and continue to get tested so we can all continue to enjoy our Carnival Cruise passion!  

This didn't age too well.... did it?

• Haha 1

18 minutes ago, BlerkOne said:

The increasing numbers of cruisers boarding based on document of recovery with no test. 

And they are no longer contagious. Probably even safer than the people with a neg test. And before you claim reinfection, that would only be the 1 or 2 who had an interim neg test. The claim of different variant also no longer flies as reportedly all recent cases have been the most recent variant.

• Like 1

On 7/29/2022 at 1:12 PM, CruizinSusan70 said:

You're an RN and unvaccinated?  SMH.  You're rolling the dice in my opinion unnecessarily, but it's your option if your employer doesn't mandate it.

That's your opinion.  There are a LOT of nurses not getting the vaccine.  A lot of nurses I know look at the studies and real world statistics.  The picture of these vaxxes are not all that pretty.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

37 minutes ago, 2wheelin said:

And they are no longer contagious. Probably even safer than the people with a neg test. And before you claim reinfection, that would only be the 1 or 2 who had an interim neg test. The claim of different variant also no longer flies as reportedly all recent cases have been the most recent variant.

Malarkey. Staying within the CC rules, I'll leave it at that 

33 minutes ago, 2wheelin said:

I'd also like to see WHO is getting re-infected.  Are they vaxxed or unvaxxed...boosted?  Did they take Paxlovid?  I don't think we'll ever get to see those statistics.

20 minutes ago, Buckeyefrank100 said:

I'd also like to see WHO is getting re-infected.  Are they vaxxed or unvaxxed...boosted?  Did they take Paxlovid?  I don't think we'll ever get to see those statistics.

I think more malarkey. Some things take time to collect and analyze. So many people lack patience. 

1 hour ago, Buckeyefrank100 said:

That's your opinion.  There are a LOT of nurses not getting the vaccine.  A lot of nurses I know look at the studies and real world statistics.  The picture of these vaxxes are not all that pretty.

Do you have your unvaccinated reservation yet?

On 7/29/2022 at 1:12 PM, CruizinSusan70 said:

You're an RN and unvaccinated?  SMH.  You're rolling the dice in my opinion unnecessarily, but it's your option if your employer doesn't mandate it.

You might be surprised by how many are not vaccinated.  There is also a large demographic of those who got the initial dose/round, and didn't get boosters.   Each health care system is handling in their own way.  I'm glad the vaccine is available for anyone who wants it.  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Vacationdreamer<>< said:

You might be surprised by how many are not vaccinated.  There is also a large demographic of those who got the initial dose/round, and didn't get boosters.   Each health care system is handling in their own way.  I'm glad the vaccine is available for anyone who wants it.  

Obviously it's an individual decision and those of a certain age think that they are immune to catching anything.  I'm double shot and double boostered as well as my DH and of course we know relatives, friends and acquaintances that have all caught Covid and luckily have had reduced symptoms because they had their shots.  I know it's a hot topic but I can't fathom someone being in the healthcare field and not being vaccinated.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, CruizinSusan70 said:

Obviously it's an individual decision and those of a certain age think that they are immune to catching anything.  I'm double shot and double boostered as well as my DH and of course we know relatives, friends and acquaintances that have all caught Covid and luckily have had reduced symptoms because they had their shots.  I know it's a hot topic but I can't fathom someone being in the healthcare field and not being vaccinated.

I'm in health care and only had the initial doses because they were mandatory to keep a job. Many nurses here stood their ground and lost jobs. Now we are short staffed. I am 74 and been around many positive cases and not caught it.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, 2wheelin said:

I'm in health care and only had the initial doses because they were mandatory to keep a job. Many nurses here stood their ground and lost jobs. Now we are short staffed. I am 74 and been around many positive cases and not caught it.

Thank you for your service.  And I don't feel sorry for those that stood their ground and lost their job because of it.  It was a simple requirement to keep their job and the only person they can blame for losing their job stares right back at them in the mirror.

On 8/4/2022 at 4:45 PM, 2wheelin said:

Now we are short staffed

On 8/4/2022 at 9:13 PM, CruizinSusan70 said:

I don't feel sorry for those that stood their ground and lost their job because of it.

I am very grateful for employers who considered the big picture and kept as many nurses as the bedside as possible.   

Thankfully, even without the vaccine, my three infections were on par with a head cold.  I know that is not the case for everyone.  I am glad it is available for those who feel best served by getting them as many times as they want to. 

Thank you for all the considerate responses.  I am now looking forward to hearing what my TA can secure for my family for next year.  So excited.  :)

• Like 3

On 8/4/2022 at 9:13 PM, CruizinSusan70 said:

And I don't feel sorry for those that stood their ground and lost their job because of it.  It was a simple requirement to keep their job and the only person they can blame for losing their job stares right back at them in the mirror.

Wow.  Judge much?

• Like 2

1 minute ago, bucfan2 said:

Wow.  Judge much?

I don’t think that was judgmental at all. My spouses medical group had 6 nurses choose to resign instead of getting the vaccine. All the groups nurses sign a contract that includes a requirement for vaccinations and the list of vaccines can be amended at any time. They had a choice and they made it. All 6 probably found new jobs and their vacancies were filled quickly. 

Not every medical group is like my spouses though. For my spouses it was a business decision and not personal. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Enryon said:

I don’t think that was judgmental at all. My spouses medical group had 6 nurses choose to resign instead of getting the vaccine. All the groups nurses sign a contract that includes a requirement for vaccinations and the list of vaccines can be amended at any time. They had a choice and they made it. All 6 probably found new jobs and their vacancies were filled quickly. 

Not every medical group is like my spouses though. For my spouses it was a business decision and not personal. 

But it wasn’t only nurses. When you fire someone who works 100% remotely and never sets foot on the medical property, or the contractor who does electrical work, it is a business decision to power grab. And they claim it is for the patient’s safety. How safe are they when there aren’t enough staff to care for them?

• Like 1

8 hours ago, 2wheelin said:

But it wasn’t only nurses. When you fire someone who works 100% remotely and never sets foot on the medical property, or the contractor who does electrical work, it is a business decision to power grab. And they claim it is for the patient’s safety. How safe are they when there aren’t enough staff to care for them?

In our case it was only nurses. Not sure where the power grab thing applies to a contractual obligation. Also, I have no idea what you are talking about when it concerns contractors. Finally, we have never had a problem maintaining quality of care and have never had issues maintaining staffing levels. As I said, the vacancies were filled quickly.