Sea class?

37 minutes ago, lulabelle said:

Thanks I did see some of the benefits but none were specific.  Is it worth $800 more for a week, thanks

The dinners at Coastal Kitchen are excellent. The food and service is terrific plus it's an intimate venue and they can usually seat you at your requested time. You'll also get double points for booking a Junior Suite, which is nice sized cabin with more space and better amenities. If it's in your budget, go for it!

Jonathan

Very subjective.  Only you can say if the few perks you’d get are worth $800 to you.  We don’t and probably won’t book less that a JR suite.  I need the extra room and the better bathroom.  Boarding early is nice but not a deal breaker.  I am unimpressed by CK (only one experience so far).  Double points if that interests you.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, cruiserking said:

The dinners at Coastal Kitchen are excellent. The food and service is terrific plus it's an intimate venue and they can usually seat you at your requested time. You'll also get double points for booking a Junior Suite, which is nice sized cabin with more space and better amenities. If it's in your budget, go for it!

Jonathan

Disagree, I like breakfast and most lunch’s there , I had two dinners there and after that we had dinner in specialty restaurants.  For 800 you can easily get UDP and have all dinners in specialty and lots of money leftover.

• Like 2

I personally didn't find the suite class benefits to be worth much to me, but a bigger room is sometimes worth more money to me. $800 might be worth it depending on whether you feel you got a good deal for your current room, and whether you have a lot of port stops or not.

Southern Caribbean cruises that leave from Puerto Rico are only worth paying extra for a Junior suite in my opinion, because you're off the ship so much, with 5, sometimes 6 port stops. But if you only have 3 or 4 port stops, and you feel like you got a decent price on your current room, $800 is probably worth it. 

If you have a dining package, you can make reservations before boarding the ship, which to me is one of the better perks. *And the double points, but I don't know if you get those if you're upgrading with a Royal Up.

The suite lounge and the pool seating and stuff like that weren't worth much to me, as I didn't utilize them. 

Edited by ARandomTraveler

We just did our first Jr suite on Allure. we had never done a suite at all on any RCI cruise. 

pros: Check in. Saved about 20 minutes waiting in the security line.

room size. A decent amount of extra room. An actual bathroom and shower. And the upgraded shower toiletries were actually something I used (and I am picky about those usually)

balcony was spacious (we had a hump balcony too)

the in room coffee machine was nice but we only used it a couple times. The fridge was nice to keep water bottles cold. 
walk in closet- kept all our crap out of sight for 8 days. 
coastal kitchen: a nice change from the MDR.

double points: if you are trying to level up (and we are) 

cons: no other real suite perks besides boarding and Coastal Kitchen. No lounge, no breakfasts or lunches at CK, no access to any of the upper level suite areas on the ship or Labadee/coco Cay

cost: if it’s double the price of a balcony or more, we definite don’t think it’s worth it. If it ends up being less than double then it might be to get more points. Which is why we booked this one on Allure