St. Thomas Timing

We are scheduled to arrive St. Thomas at 7 am in a couple weeks (sailing on Harmony). Can anyone who's been there lately on an Oasis class ship please give me an idea of how quickly we'll be able to get off the ship (we're the only ship in port that day from everything I can find)? We are going to do an animal encounter at Coral World and trying to figure out if we can make a 9:15 am one. 

We were on Harmony this past late April and at St Thomas we arrived at 7:00am and the gangway opened at 7:30. Quick and easy to get off. If circumstances are the same you should have no problem ...so many taxi/shuttle's lined up and waiting...easy peasy !!!!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Surfguyxxx said:

If your excursion is at 9:30, you can sleep in that morning 😅😴. Plenty of time.

Thanks, but we're not doing a planned excursion. We'd need to get a taxi and across the island to Coral World by 9 am (for a 9:15 encounter). As long as we're off by 8 we should be ok.

20 hours ago, flhokie said:

We are scheduled to arrive St. Thomas at 7 am in a couple weeks (sailing on Harmony). Can anyone who's been there lately on an Oasis class ship please give me an idea of how quickly we'll be able to get off the ship (we're the only ship in port that day from everything I can find)? We are going to do an animal encounter at Coral World and trying to figure out if we can make a 9:15 am one. 

By the way, if you have been to St Thomas before and plan to visit "town" again be prepared to be a bit shocked.  So many stores, restaurants and bars have closed & not reopened it is sad.  First they were hit by B2B cat 5 hurricanes in 2018 (2017?), then covid, they have not recovered.  We were there in April and one shop owner told me 65-70% of the shops closed and not re-opening.  Really sad.