Mama Mia!!! question

We saw it on Allure in April, a 6 night cruise. They ran it at least 3 times, maybe 4 on that sailing (twice on the last day when we were at sea). I'm probably one of the few people who didn't like it very much. I've seen the movie and it had a really coherent story and the music fit into it well. The live performance felt like a music-delivery-system and didn't make the story as clear. Plus our lead actress had a really nasal, whiny sounding voice and it was hard to listen to her. Luckily I really like Abba music, and the set and costumes were pretty cool. 

10 hours ago, jbrinkm said:

We saw it on Allure in April, a 6 night cruise. They ran it at least 3 times, maybe 4 on that sailing (twice on the last day when we were at sea). I'm probably one of the few people who didn't like it very much. I've seen the movie and it had a really coherent story and the music fit into it well. The live performance felt like a music-delivery-system and didn't make the story as clear. Plus our lead actress had a really nasal, whiny sounding voice and it was hard to listen to her. Luckily I really like Abba music, and the set and costumes were pretty cool. 

When RCI bought the rights to stage Mamma Mia, one of the rules were that they weren’t allowed to change a thing or cut anything from the original show.  Unlike WWRY or Cats which they have been allowed to amend and edit. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, little britain said:

When RCI bought the rights to stage Mamma Mia, one of the rules were that they weren’t allowed to change a thing or cut anything from the original show.  Unlike WWRY or Cats which they have been allowed to amend and edit. 

CAT'S wasn't redone until the 2019 drydock. First five years were as written

FWIW, I'm guessing the OP was referring to the 3/4 day cruises out of PC next year. Not the 6 night trips. 

That being the case who knows. We will be on one of the first 4 day trips next November. I think Mama Mia is mentioned.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, John&LaLa said:

FWIW, I'm guessing the OP was referring to the 3/4 day cruises out of PC next year. Not the 6 night trips. 

That being the case who knows. We will be on one of the first 4 day trips next November. I think Mama Mia is mentioned.

Exactly.  Please remember to let me know!  Not a big RCCL fan, but a huge Mama Mia fan.  We have seen it in London, and in about 5 other cities on tour.  We like the musical more than the movie, but I guess that's because we saw the musical for the first time in London in the West End!  

Would take a short cruise just for the reason to see Mama Mia!

• Like 1