Summit LIVE Bermuda (7/24-7/31) AQ Class Review

GenerationX

On 9/24/2022 at 8:54 AM, warmwinds said:

I have thoroughly enjoyed reading your adventures.  

We're going on the Summit, in Aqua Class, for the umpteeth time in October, but the first since before Covid.

And I have to ask a question  - your outfits are gorgeous, but you have me in a panic...has it changed that AQ and BLU are no longer just "smart casual" every night?  I don't even own any cocktail-type dresses anymore (well, I own them, but they don't fit 😅 , and are years out of style).  Same for my long-retired husband's suits.  God forbid we should be invited to a wedding anytime soon - we'll both be out shopping.

So can you (or anyone) tell me what's the "norm" these days, is it back to the "old" cruising dressy?    (which we used to love but are now totally unprepared for).  We've been cruising since the 70's and have been through all the changes, but have no idea where Celebrity is right now.

And Happy Birthday!

Welcome back to cruising!  Im so sorry to have caused wardrobe stress (a stress I’m very familiar with 😁).

My understanding is that Blu is still smart casual other than on evening chic night. I think there’s usually only  2 chic nights on 7-9 night sailings and 1 on shorter itineraries.  

I just really like dressing up for dinner on cruises and Jeremy follows suit to preserve marital harmony.   It it makes me feel like I’m on the Queen Mary making a crossing to shop the boutiques in Europe or something  (I may have read a bit too much nautical historical fiction over the years 😂).

I’d say on our cruise it was about 60-70% who dressed more towards the casual end of the dress code for dinner so you certainly won’t look out of place!

I hope you have a wonderful cruise this month!

On 10/1/2022 at 6:45 AM, GenerationX said:

Welcome back to cruising!  Im so sorry to have caused wardrobe stress (a stress I’m very familiar with 😁).

My understanding is that Blu is still smart casual other than on evening chic night. I think there’s usually only  2 chic nights on 7-9 night sailings and 1 on shorter itineraries.  

I just really like dressing up for dinner on cruises and Jeremy follows suit to preserve marital harmony.   It it makes me feel like I’m on the Queen Mary making a crossing to shop the boutiques in Europe or something  (I may have read a bit too much nautical historical fiction over the years 😂).

I’d say on our cruise it was about 60-70% who dressed more towards the casual end of the dress code for dinner so you certainly won’t look out of place!

I hope you have a wonderful cruise this month!

Thanks for the reply - I really loved your outfits, but I'm so glad I don't have to go out and buy a new wardrobe!  Enough stress with hurricanes and everything else without worrying about that, too!