Summit LIVE Bermuda (7/24-7/31) AQ Class Review

GenerationX

LauraS
This post was recognized by LauraS!

"Thanks for generously sharing your time at sea with everyone at Cruise Critic!"

GenerationX was awarded the badge '"Live from...."'

Hello CC Friends!  I’m back again!

Things I’ve done this week that were no fun:  

-Renewing my drivers license

-Reviewing my 401(k) and IRA with my financial advisor

-Scheduling my first mammogram (this one is super important though, ladies! Do not skip!)

Things I’ve done this week that were very exciting:

-Preparing for my big 40th Birthday Cruise to Bermuda!

Would anyone like to come along with hubby and I as we celebrate my crossing over the hill?

A brief about us:

We’re Charla (GenerationX) and Jeremy (he says at this point in our marriage  he’s just accepted that on vacation he’ll probably just be known as “Charla’s/GenX’s Husband”). 

We live about an hour south of St. Louis, MO and have a fairly active outdoor lifestyle. We have a hobby farm and enjoy hiking, kayaking, fishing and camping.

When we’re indoors (and honestly, often when we’re outdoors too), we usually make it a point to be eating and/or drinking something good. 

In fact, the aforementioned financial advisor meeting included a brief lecture on how my monthly bourbon and wine spend is affecting my long term savings and how the wine is not an “investment” if I can’t resist drinking it within a few months of purchase.

We have a number of Celebrity Cruises under our belts, but this will be our first time sailing to Bermuda.  I’ve been on several cruises post-shutdown, but this will be Jeremy’s first time cruising since our Alaska honeymoon cruise on Solstice in 2019!

We were initially planning to make this b-day cruise a return to Alaska on Eclipse.  But very steep airfare prices from STL to Vancouver as we got close to final payment led us to search for something slightly more budget friendly that would also offer us something new in the way of ports.

Unfortunately by the time we decided on Bermuda, suites were sold out for this sailing, so we’ll be in an Aqua class cabin.

In the next day or so I’ll do another post sharing some info about our plans for the week while ashore and aboard. 

Any questions or tips please feel free to jump in and share as we go.

Looking forward to taking everyone along on another cruise adventure!

B0A77329-AAB3-4695-9279-4411AD866A90.thumb.jpeg.b551370e73f0e8da7626ef4b49166252.jpeg

• Like 28

Can’t wait to meet you, Charla - and, of course, Jeremy too.  I am working from home this week, avoiding everyone, hoping for negative tests tomorrow.  (I had to work in Atlanta last week, flying both ways, meeting with buyers. It was not ideal timing but so far so good.)

Will we all get to see “map dress” at sail away?  What is favorite sailaway drink?

When do you fly in?

• Like 1

Thanks for letting me “sail along “ with y’all.  I always enjoy your threads and know I will enjoy this one as well.  We’ve sailed from Bayonne once before and will again as Beyond  makes her first US cruise . . . so looking forward to those pics and comments.  Our first stop is Bermuda, so those as well.

This thread will keep me going as I wait the remaining 92 days😃😂

Thank you for sharing!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY 🍷 🎈🍷

• Like 1

Yahoooo...... Another fun adventure with Charla.    I'm in need of a GenX fix.   A big Happy 40th to you

I anxious to see if Charla dresses Charla’s/GenX’s Husband  to match her incredible wardrobe.

• Like 3
  • Haha 7

YAY another cruise review! The only slight disappointment is that if you're in Aqua class that means GenZ isn't there with you (or is she Generation Alpha? I just learned about them)

Anyway, HAPPY BIRTHDAY!

Where are you eating in NYC before your cruise? Do you need any suggestions? No offense to my neighbors across the river but I know you aren't eating in NJ. 🤣

Woo hoo!  Another GenX report!  Hi Charla - wishing you a very Happy Birthday and Happy Cruising!  My brother and SIL (who you met at sailaway on Equinox last month) were married on RC's Explorer of the Seas out of Bayonne 16 years ago and then 25 family and friends opted to take the cruise to Bermuda.  It was wonderful (and a little weird to run into friends and family unexpectedly either in Bermuda or on the ship!).  I hope you enjoy Bermuda as much as we did.  Plus with the sea days, you'll have plenty of opportunity to enjoy everything the ship has to offer (wine tastings, anyone?).  I'm so excited to travel along with you.  Wishing you safe travels and lots of fun! 

Laura

• Like 1

17 hours ago, GenerationX said:

Hello CC Friends!  I’m back again!

Things I’ve done this week that were no fun:  

-Renewing my drivers license

-Reviewing my 401(k) and IRA with my financial advisor

-Scheduling my first mammogram (this one is super important though, ladies! Do not skip!)

Things I’ve done this week that were very exciting:

-Preparing for my big 40th Birthday Cruise to Bermuda!

Would anyone like to come along with hubby and I as we celebrate my crossing over the hill?

A brief about us:

We’re Charla (GenerationX) and Jeremy (he says at this point in our marriage  he’s just accepted that on vacation he’ll probably just be known as “Charla’s/GenX’s Husband”). 

We live about an hour south of St. Louis, MO and have a fairly active outdoor lifestyle. We have a hobby farm and enjoy hiking, kayaking, fishing and camping.

When we’re indoors (and honestly, often when we’re outdoors too), we usually make it a point to be eating and/or drinking something good. 

In fact, the aforementioned financial advisor meeting included a brief lecture on how my monthly bourbon and wine spend is affecting my long term savings and how the wine is not an “investment” if I can’t resist drinking it within a few months of purchase.

We have a number of Celebrity Cruises under our belts, but this will be our first time sailing to Bermuda.  I’ve been on several cruises post-shutdown, but this will be Jeremy’s first time cruising since our Alaska honeymoon cruise on Solstice in 2019!

We were initially planning to make this b-day cruise a return to Alaska on Eclipse.  But very steep airfare prices from STL to Vancouver as we got close to final payment led us to search for something slightly more budget friendly that would also offer us something new in the way of ports.

Unfortunately by the time we decided on Bermuda, suites were sold out for this sailing, so we’ll be in an Aqua class cabin.

In the next day or so I’ll do another post sharing some info about our plans for the week while ashore and aboard. 

Any questions or tips please feel free to jump in and share as we go.

Looking forward to taking everyone along on another cruise adventure!

B0A77329-AAB3-4695-9279-4411AD866A90.thumb.jpeg.b551370e73f0e8da7626ef4b49166252.jpeg

Hope to Celebrate your Birthday with you.  We too are in Aqua Class.

Barb and Jay

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Jim_Iain said:

Yahoooo...... Another fun adventure with Charla.    I'm in need of a GenX fix.   A big Happy 40th to you

I anxious to see if Charla dresses Charla’s/GenX’s Husband  to match her incredible wardrobe.

Thank you!  I would LOVE to dress Jeremy to match me but for some reason he vehemently objects to the idea.  The closest I can get is occasionally convincing him to wear a color coordinated tie to match my dress on chic night.

I will say he does have a very impressive collection of Hawaiian shirts that he rocks for day wear though!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

19 hours ago, Barwick Cruiser said:

Following! And Happy 40th! Big milestone birthday for me this year too but a couple decades more 🤣. Your daughter didn’t want to join since you’re not in a suite this time? 🥳

Thank you!  Gen Z did very much want to come, even sans suite. I tried explaining to her that she wouldn’t want to rough it like that on a cruise but she wasn’t buying my excuses for leaving her home  😂

She’ll be sailing with me on Silhouette in December though and she can’t wait. She actually made a countdown calendar and is marking off the days.

• Like 2

On 7/21/2022 at 6:32 AM, CruiseNYC said:

Can’t wait to meet you, Charla - and, of course, Jeremy too.  I am working from home this week, avoiding everyone, hoping for negative tests tomorrow.  (I had to work in Atlanta last week, flying both ways, meeting with buyers. It was not ideal timing but so far so good.)

Will we all get to see “map dress” at sail away?  What is favorite sailaway drink?

When do you fly in?

Looking forward to sailing with you as well!  We just did our emed tests and both were negative! 🙌🏾  Hoping yours go smoothly today as well.

For a sail away cocktail, I love the sangria  spritz at the Sunset Bar. The trick is to get it from a bartender who knows how to make it well though.  When I was on Equinox last November Komang was at the sunset bar and made an excellent one. When I was back on the ship last month, 2 of the 3 bartenders just couldn’t ever get the proportions quite right.  Too heavy handed with the bitters and aperol.

760D410A-A945-4A61-964E-6DD7E1D715A5.thumb.jpeg.4b1576494c0c44f430b869625fccdc86.jpeg

• Like 2