Changes to Cunard covid pre cruise testing - U.K. departures.

Stu UK

On 7/30/2022 at 11:21 AM, DrGonzo said:

I was speaking with someone at Cunard today and she said that there will be another announcement regarding pre-cruise testing on August 1st. She wouldn’t elaborate but I’m guessing it will be about departures from the USA, since all the other cruise lines have started to make USA-specific announcements recently.

I assume nothing was announced today?  Or have I missed something?

On 8/1/2022 at 9:16 PM, High C's said:

I assume nothing was announced today?  Or have I missed something?

Saw this when looking at transferring terms.

Flexible booking terms.

Correct as of 3 August 2022.

Edited by Victoria2

20 minutes ago, High C's said:

Thanks.  Tried to connect via the link.  Took me Cunard's page but told me "the page cannot be found".  Do you recall what it said?

It's an update to the Flexible booking terms which only apply to UK bookings. Here's the section I think has been updated. There is also a section on that page about the UK cancellation policy which I don't think has been updated so I haven't included that here.

Flexible booking terms.
Correct as of 3 August 2022.

For peace of mind, it helps to have added flexibility. With our fee-free flexible transfer policy you can transfer your Cunard Fare booking on one occasion, free of charge, up to the date the balance for your holiday is due. The new booking must depart within 12 months (or 6 months if transferring from a World Voyage or World Voyage Sector).

This policy may be changed or withdrawn at any time without notice.

For holidays booked prior to 3 August 2022.

For any bookings made prior to 3 August 2022, if you wish to reschedule your holiday you can make one further booking transfer, free of charge, up to the date that the balance for your holiday is due. This is available on both the Cunard Fare and Early Saver type. However, the new booking must be of equal or higher value and must sail within 12 months of the original departure date (or 6 months for a World Voyage or World Voyage Sector).

For holidays booked from 3 August 2022 onwards.

For any bookings made after 3 August 2022, if you wish or need to reschedule your holiday you can take advantage of our free flexible transfer policy if you’ve booked on a Cunard Fare type. This means you can:

• Transfer your booking once, free of charge, up to the date that the balance for your holiday is due (90 days prior to departure).
  • Transfer your booking to a Cunard voyage of equal or higher value.
  • Transfer your booking to a Cunard voyage sailing within 12 months (6 months in the case of transfer from a World Voyage or World Voyage Sector), of the original departure date.

If you wish to transfer your booking you should call our Customer Contact Centre or your travel agent if you booked with them.

This policy may be changed or withdrawn at any time without notice.

Edited by bluemarble
  • Like 2

As an avid reader of the terms and conditions, I raised an objection when I booked a World cruise a few years back:

"This is available on both the Cunard Fare and Early Saver type. However, the new booking must be of equal or higher value and must sail within 12 months of the original departure date (or 6 months for a World Voyage"

Hang on.  Something of higher value than a World Cruise (run annually) departing within 6 month of the original date?  What would that be then?

They wrote back and said as a frequent traveller with Carnival (mainly P&O, but this was a Cunard World Cruise), they would be prepared to waive that condition for my wife and I and could happily transfer to the  world cruise 12 months later if required.

I suspect that at some point the intention was to recognise the world cruise was a bit different so they needed to have a different timescale, perhaps decided on 36 months then someone mistyped it and it is in the T&Cs as 6 months for evermore.

Edited by WestonOne

9 minutes ago, WestonOne said:

As an avid reader of the terms and conditions, I raised an objection when I booked a World cruise a few years back:

"This is available on both the Cunard Fare and Early Saver type. However, the new booking must be of equal or higher value and must sail within 12 months of the original departure date (or 6 months for a World Voyage"

Hang on.  Something of higher value than a World Cruise (run annually) departing within 6 month of the original date?  What would that be then?

They wrote back and said as a frequent traveller with Carnival (mainly P&O, but this was a Cunard World Cruise), they would be prepared to waive that condition for my wife and I and could happily transfer to the  world cruise 12 months later if required.

I suspect that at some point the intention was to recognise the world cruise was a bit different so they needed to have a different timescale, perhaps decided on 36 months then someone mistyped it and it is in the T&Cs as 6 months for evermore.

I think it's always worthwhile appealing to the better nature [for want of a more apt phrase] of Cunard when in a pickle, Covid or any health issue which might technically not be covered by our insurance.

We had to cancel a 70 day 'Long Voyage due to the fact my husband cannot have a Y.F jab. The cancellation  would not be covered by travel insurance as it was our fault for not fact finding first.  As there was no chance of us ever booking another W.C., Cunard were brilliant. Absolutely brilliant.

We had made Diamond in just a few years and so Cunard could see we were serious about holidaying with their company. They allowed us to split the 'cost' between two cruises as long as they were booked at the same time i.e., in the same conversation. As it was a significant amount of money, rather than lose it, we took their offer and booked for the following year. That cemented our love of Cunard, as if it needed doing so! 🙂

That was of course pre pandemic and things might have changed significantly but, don't ask, don't get.

• 2 weeks later...