Check In Closed

Our cruise is in Sept and our Check In time was first set for July 20th (yesterday) but several days ago it was changed to July 22nd. This morning the Check In says “Check In closed” and to check in at the port 90 mins before departure or you may be denied boarding. Does this mean to early check in on the app anymore…or the app is getting ready for my scheduled check in date (July 22). 

13 minutes ago, jamesnnb said:

Our cruise is in Sept and our Check In time was first set for July 20th (yesterday) but several days ago it was changed to July 22nd. This morning the Check In says “Check In closed” and to check in at the port 90 mins before departure or you may be denied boarding. Does this mean to early check in on the app anymore…or the app is getting ready for my scheduled check in date (July 22). 

No, it just means you need to keep checking.  This happens fairly frequently.  It will open up.

• Like 1

@jamesnnb I noticed the same thing on the app the day before we were supposed to be able to check in (also July 20th).  Then after midnight on the 20th, it was all fine.  FWIW, I did our check-in on the computer because of needing to enter information like passport numbers which is easier to type on the computer for me than on the phone.  But I didn't upload the vaccine cards on the computer; I did that on the app which was pretty easy to do.  I took the pictures of the front and back of our cards, cropped them so the background of my desk wasn't showing, and had them ready to upload.  We also did not do the boarding photos at the time we did the online check in.

You'll need your passport, your emergency contact, and your onboard payment method when you do the check-in. 

2 hours ago, nzdisneymom said:

FWIW, I did our check-in on the computer because of needing to enter information like passport numbers which is easier to type on the computer for me than on the phone. 

FYI - You can scan the passport "barcode" in the app ... no typing required.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2