Short video following QM2's visit to Villefranche 21 July 2021

D&N

@bluemarble Very odd. That webcam appears to operate in real time. I saw Nora on my phone screen when she went to stand at left of barrier.

However the playback seems to be an hour adrift so it looks like we were there from 11:31 to 11:36 rather than an hour earlier.

I've taken screenshots of all our bits and made a short video. We approached from inside the marina and exited through the barrier and continued on to the next point on our mission high above QM2.

@Host Hattie Once Bluemarble and anyone that finds it mildly entertaining that we would pose for a webcam has had a look it's probably best to delete the thread as it's not exactly related to Cunard or cruising in general.

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

Morning from Civitavecchia.

There were two idiots - not man and wife, I think - whizzing round us on motorised paddle boards, when we were moored. They must have been within about ten yards of the ship.

Please leave video there until we get home and the wifi works better.

• Like 3

Aside from the webcam intrigue it was a lovely day there, and with the sea temperature around 28C, it was perfect for a long swim without getting the slightest bit cold after even an hour in the water. The tender operation was conducted superbly by all crew involved. Hearing gentle French and Italian voices in the many sea front cafes was fabulous too.

Edited by ballroom-cruisers
typo
  • Like 4

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/22/2022 at 8:25 AM, exlondoner said:

Please leave video there until we get home and the wifi works better.

Hi @exlondoner,

Hope you're feeling better.  It would seem so judging by your other postings!

When you get the time can you have a look at the video and let Hattie know you have?

It's not really that interesting or funny. Was just that bluemarble was watching for us.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, exlondoner said:

Done, but fairly mystified.

The actual webcam is mounted on a building at the perimeter of a marina a little bit further south from the 'Gare Maritime' that the tenders take passengers to and from.

It pans through various views including the anchorage where QM2 was berthed and picked up some of the tenders passing the marina. One of the views is of a barrier entrance to the marina from the road outside. We had suggested to bluemarble that we would pose at the barrier so that he might spot us from his screen in Iowa. When he re-wound the feed he couldn't find us because the recording was an hour out. I captured the various frames of us approaching and at the gate and leaving (the 2 folk in hats).

As I said, not that interesting, other than briefly between bluemarble and ourselves.

• Like 2

• Host Hattie changed the title to Short video following QM2's visit to Villefranche 21 July 2021