Time Distance from Civitavecchia Port to FIUMICINO AIRPORT

capegirl

In Europe this summer?  Go as early as possible.   It depends on the day of week but to be safe plan on an hour drive time.  Check the FCO website for up to date information on how far in advance to arrive, the standard is 3 hours for international but if your are there in August it could be crowded and take longer.  If you are there in the fall 3 hours would be plenty. 

Edited by Mary229

The distance from the port to the airport is about 68 km/42 miles.  The very best case in terms of driving time would be just under an hour.

Professional drivers working in Italy know the roads and the traffic, rely on their knowledge and experience.  Your job as the customer is to tell them what time you want to be at your destination (the airport) and let them tell you what time to leave the port in order to achieve your objective.

1 hour ago, capegirl said:

I would like to know the time distance between the Port and the Airport. I want to book a taxi but need this information to work out what time to disembark.  Our flight leaves at 1.30pm.  Thank You.

I prefer to cool my heels on the airside of the airport when there is no particular reason to hang around my initial departure point (in this case, the cruise ship).  So, I would make a taxi reservation for 0900 and plan on disembarking at 0800.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, capegirl said:

Thank you all.  What is the earliest time one can disembark?

It depends on your cruise line but I would guess between 7 and 8.  If you go to the Rome forum board there are some very good recommendations for cab companies.  I have checked the prices it is not only better to have one waiting for you but the price is the same.  

15 hours ago, Mary229 said:

It depends on your cruise line but I would guess between 7 and 8.  If you go to the Rome forum board there are some very good recommendations for cab companies.  I have checked the prices it is not only better to have one waiting for you but the price is the same.  

Thank You!