Pre-cruise Website: A tale of two cruises

Married90

We are booked on B2B cruises on the Eclipse for Aug 28 and Sept 4.   When I go into the website to "plan my cruise" for each week the web sites are completely different between week one and week two.  Almost like X redesigned the site and rolled it out for Sept cruises onward and used the old website pre September.   While this doesn't bother me the pricing on identical shore excursions, dining, etc sometimes is the same other times drastically different.   Is it normal for pricing to be different for the same thing one week tot he next with X?

4 minutes ago, Married90 said:

We are booked on B2B cruises on the Eclipse for Aug 28 and Sept 4.   When I go into the website to "plan my cruise" for each week the web sites are completely different between week one and week two.  Almost like X redesigned the site and rolled it out for Sept cruises onward and used the old website pre September.   While this doesn't bother me the pricing on identical shore excursions, dining, etc sometimes is the same other times drastically different.   Is it normal for pricing to be different for the same thing one week tot he next with X?

Pricing not only varies week to week but can change a couple times a day just like airlines.

Make a mock booking using points for first class seats say twice.  Come back later that day and repeat and likely the points required has risen!

12 minutes ago, Arizona Wildcat said:

Pricing not only varies week to week but can change a couple times a day just like airlines.

Make a mock booking using points for first class seats say twice.  Come back later that day and repeat and likely the points required has risen!

Ok, I get that on some things.   but explain to me why on Aug 28 sailing purchasing dining at Murano says $64.90 (I am assuming full price?) and on the Sept 4 cruise before the discount it says regular price (before discount)  for the same restaurant is $60.  Sorry but I cant believe X is making full price dining a daily variable, maybe the discount given but not the retail price. I am seeing similar things with the listed full price of the same excursion week to week (not talking the variable discount based on capacity)

Edited by Married90

i think they must be increasing prices again.  They recently increased pricing and depending upon which platform some showed Murano at  $50 and added at 18% gratuity so $59  and on the other platform Murano showed as $59 and no added gratuity.

I just checked our upcoming December cruise and the price of Murano is now showing at $70,80 and no tip added at check out.  

I guess no more Murano for us.

Just looked at Tuscan for the same December cruise and it is showing for $64.90.

Edited by jelayne

14 minutes ago, jelayne said:

i think they must be increasing prices again.  They recently increased pricing and depending upon which platform some showed Murano at  $50 and added at 18% gratuity so $59  and on the other platform Murano showed as $59 and no added gratuity.

I just checked our upcoming December cruise and the price of Murano is now showing at $70,80 and no tip added at check out.  

I guess no more Murano for us.

Just looked at Tuscan for the same December cruise and it is showing for $64.90.

I would in general agree with this but the full retail dining prices are more on the Aug 28th sailing then on the Sept 4th so if they are raising prices in general I would think it would be the other way around.  

I have an Aug 29/Sept 8  B2B.   Both cruise planners show Murano $60 with 10% off $53.99 (really?  10% off %60 is $54!).   Then they add the 18% gratuity at checkout.

I hope they aren't really raising the price again as the increase is already 30% if you add the $10 + $10.80 gratuity.

1 hour ago, wrk2cruise said:

I have an Aug 29/Sept 8  B2B.   Both cruise planners show Murano $60 with 10% off $53.99 (really?  10% off %60 is $54!).   Then they add the 18% gratuity at checkout.

I hope they aren't really raising the price again as the increase is already 30% if you add the $10 + $10.80 gratuity.

It certainly looks like they are!  My CP for a December Solstice sailing show Murano as $70.80pp and Tuscan at $64.90pp no gratuity added at check-out.  So Murano has jumped from $50pp no gratuity added $59 when they started adding a gratuity at the end of April and now $70.80  That a whopping 41% increase in less than 3 months.  

• Thanks 1