Oasis 8/5: Day 1 'Real Opening Times' for Specialty Restaurants

I am a bit confused as to OPENING times for Specialty Restaurants on DAY 1 for Oasis on the 9-day 8/5 Cruise.

https://www.royalcaribbeanblog.com/cruise-compasses/oasis-of-the-seas/fri-06172022-0000

People have suggested 150 and Chops first-thing but looking at the most recent Daily I found (link above)… neither is open on Day 1 UNTIL Dinner?  Portside not until 2pm (and I know many many people said they hit it right as they got on???)

Our possibles are:

• 150 Central Park
  • Chops Lunch
  • Portside BBQ
  • Playmakers
  • Giovannis

Does anyone know the REAL times they open as we have a 10am boarding time and are trying to target?

5 minutes ago, Project-College said:

Does anyone know the REAL times they open as we have a 10am boarding time and are trying to target?

That could vary with each sailing but for the most recent, look at the current sailing in the app and look at day 1 for venue operating times. BTW, you have 10AM CHECK IN time - boarding could happen at any time.

• Like 1

On Boarding day most of these venues will have staff at the desk to make reservations. I know I head straight to one to make all my reservations for the week.  Last December on Oasis the Specialties open for lunch were Giovanni’s, where we ate. And pretty sure Playmakers and Johnny Rocket’s. But, as Biker said, it can vary by sailing. 

As Biker mentioned, a 10:00 check-in time is definitely not indicative of when you will actually board. If I recall correctly you're a newish cruiser, so the upper-level C&A boarding would not apply to you--if you purchase the Key or you're sailing in a full suite, you will get priority boarding, but otherwise you will be waiting a bit longer. And in the 10:00 check-in group, I've never seen or heard of people going straight to boarding, so everyone waits at least a bit. 

My best guess (and it's just a guess) would be that you board somewhere between 11:00 and noon.

15 minutes ago, Biker19 said:

That could vary with each sailing but for the most recent, look at the current sailing in the app and look at day 1 for venue operating times. BTW, you have 10AM CHECK IN time - boarding could happen at any time.

Probably a dumb question.  How do you look at the current sailing in the app?  All I can find is the calendar for our upcoming week.  I too would like to see day 1 lunch options.  

1 minute ago, la_croisiere_s'amuse said:

As Biker mentioned, a 10:00 check-in time is definitely not indicative of when you will actually board. If I recall correctly you're a newish cruiser, so the upper-level C&A boarding would not apply to you--if you purchase the Key or you're sailing in a full suite, you will get priority boarding, but otherwise you will be waiting a bit longer. And in the 10:00 check-in group, I've never seen or heard of people going straight to boarding, so everyone waits at least a bit. 

My best guess (and it's just a guess) would be that you board somewhere between 11:00 and noon.

That's kinda what I thought but still getting mixed signals/posts/ap info on what's open around then.  Surprisingly Giovanni's seems open at 11?

The way I get there is click on the person icon at the top then Select a different sailing link. For me that brings up all our booked cruises. At the bottom of that is a link that says Get more details on the ships we support, click that.  That lists all the ships for Royal. Pick a ship, then pick a sail date.  There you go. 😄

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, la_croisiere_s'amuse said:

Certainly possible, and Giovanni's sounds like a delightful boarding day lunch to me! 

My wife's Italian and would agree with u.... I am Irish and the only thing I liked on thier menu was Giovani Burger.... so Far Chops or Portside BBQ are winning for Day 1 Lunch.  Wish 150 Park was open for Lunch, dang it!

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, jk04 said:

The way I get there is click on the person icon at the top then Select a different sailing link. For me that brings up all our booked cruises. At the bottom of that is a link that says Get more details on the ships we support, click that.  That lists all the ships for Royal. Pick a ship, then pick a sail date.  There you go. 😄

Tnx.  Didn’t realize I could see cruises I wasn’t booked for already.  Tnx for the guidance.  Now I have pulled up what I was hoping to see. 

• Like 1