Where to stay near YYZ

Ilovesailaway

DW and I will be looking for a hotel after a return flight from Venice. We have a 2 week med cruise that ends in Venice. After spending a couple nights there we will return to North America landing at YYZ. Our flight gets in at about 8 pm so I am looking for a hotel near the airport where we could grab dinner and couple drinks for one night. We can pick our car up at YYZ and drive to the hotel or do the shuttle back and forth thing if that makes more sense.

Ty for any recommendations. 

3 hours ago, Ilovesailaway said:

DW and I will be looking for a hotel after a return flight from Venice. We have a 2 week med cruise that ends in Venice. After spending a couple nights there we will return to North America landing at YYZ. Our flight gets in at about 8 pm so I am looking for a hotel near the airport where we could grab dinner and couple drinks for one night. We can pick our car up at YYZ and drive to the hotel or do the shuttle back and forth thing if that makes more sense.

Ty for any recommendations. 

The Sheraton Gateway that xcell recommended is great hotel, it has a nice restaurant. It is connected to Terminal 3.  No need for cars etc.  If your arriving in Terminal 1 there are free shuttle trains between terminals every few minutes. 

The free shuttle train also takes you to the Alt Toronto Airport Hotel that is located next to the parking lot station.  They have a more limited menu.  They have a wood oven pizza place in the hotel.  

Dixon Road has all the major airport hotels brands you would expect.  Most of these have shuttle busses.  

The Crown Plaza Toronto Airport was recently remodeled just before COVID.   There are a number of mid-market chain restaurants in the parking lot.  Jack Astro Bar/Grill and Boston Pizza are two examples. 

Should mention Boston Pizza has a very diverse menu and is part of national chain in Canada.  It is split into a Sports bar on one side and casual dinning on the other side. 

Across the intersection is Sheraton Airport Hotel.  Also a nice hotel.  In their parking lot they have a Chop Steak House which is nice.  Montana's is a more kids friendly steakhouse chain in Canada that is across the street.

Delta by Marriot Toronto Airport Hotel and Convention Center is also just down Dixon St and is nice.  It has a Japanese restaurant and a Lots 41 Bar and Grill. 

I have stayed at the Radisson Suites on Dixon  or the Holiday Inn East along Dixon.  It is cheaper, the rooms are fine.  The restarts are ok.  The one connecting to the Holiday Inn is more like Denny;s,.    I would walk down to one of the others like Millstone which casual dinning.  

The Bar & Grill style restraints like Lots 41, Boston Pizza and Jack Astro will likely be open until midnight.  The other ones may be closing an hour or two earlier.   

Edited by em-sk
added comments about closing hours.
  • Thanks 1

We usually park at the Viscount garage   you can usually get  a deal for parking if you book in advance  then depending on the rate  we stay at the Alt  or Sheraton

We can take the free train to Sheraton or  their are some restaurants  like Swiss Chalet in the airport  we go for dinner depending on our mood 

https://www.torontopearson.com/en/transportation-and-parking/parking/value-park-garage

Of course  some hotels will offer Park & fly rates   so be sure to check those out as well  they have a free shuttle back to the hotel usually