Would you pay $21,348 for a 5 night cruise to Bermuda?

12 minutes ago, rudeney said:

It seems you should have booked this when you had a chance at $21,348.  The price has gone up by over $1,800!!!

image.thumb.png.36755437c639a925638198544fa6d728.png

Hah - maybe someone just booked at the price you found.  The room is now not appearing in the search results…. Or maybe somebody read this topic and wisely submitted a decent Royalup bid. 

I'm quite perplexed at RCLs suite pricing, it doesnt quite make sense to me to be many times the cost of a balcony for a suite. Parents are in a junior suite next week while my wife and I are in a balcony and they're paying double, that just doesnt work for me especially without all the suite amenities. We RoyalUp'd to a Crown Loft back in March and while it was great to experience the suite life I'm not sure I could say its worth much more than $1k-$1500 more than a balcony IMO. We checked and it wouldve been $18,000 for the two of us to book the Crown Loft outright, thats absolutely insane.

On the other end of things we did book a suite for a cruise next year on Celebrity. $8,000 for a Balcony vs $12,000 for a suite with full Retreat amenities and $1200 in OBC, that is more in line with how I'd expect suite pricing to be, 50% more for an actual suite, not 300% like on RCL.

12 hours ago, Oceansaway17 said:

well I travel solo and have to pay more but perhaps you are also right

Celebrity has been running (I think still is) a no solo-supplement promo. I have a 7 night western solo coming up (wife and I each booked a connecting C3) that ran $1500 with the indulge package (so 3K for both of us). 

2 hours ago, RedIguana said:

Celebrity has been running (I think still is) a no solo-supplement promo. I have a 7 night western solo coming up (wife and I each booked a connecting C3) that ran $1500 with the indulge package (so 3K for both of us). 

What does the indulge package include?

3 hours ago, RedIguana said:

aw very nice. good you got something great.

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Ocean Boy said:

What does the indulge package include?

Premium Beverage, Premium Internet, Grats, and $400 OBC. So between the 2 of us (OK me, I footed the bill), it was roughly 3K for the 2 cabins, with $800 obc, plus the $150 (per cabin)  from TA. The elevate/indulge promo was discontinued 2-3 weeks ago.

Edited by RedIguana
  • Thanks 1

23 hours ago, Oceansaway17 said:
On 7/27/2022 at 10:34 AM, RedIguana said:

I could do 6-8  (7 nights) all included on celebrity concierge or aqua for that price.

well I travel solo and have to pay more but perhaps you are also right

Yeah, I wasn't real clear with that statement. I am always paying for two, whether it is the wife and I or the daughter and I. I have 4 driveable port being where I am in Florida, so I don't have airline for anything Caribbean. So the cost I was referencing would actually be the same for a solo with 100% supplement. I have the luxury of cruising the undersold (hence cheaper) sailings, as I can get time off pretty much any time of year, vs those who have to work around school or holidays. So I cruise when I can find what I consider a pretty good bargain. I can't afford the expensive ones 😂