C&A Balcony Discount

I am currently Emerald, though should be Diamond once I get credit for the cruise I just disembarked. I am looking at my next cruise and noticing that I don't seem to get any discount for being Emerald/Diamond when booking a balcony room. It's the same price whether I enter my C&A number or not.

The terms for the current "sale" say C&A is combinable, so I'm not sure what's going on...

Can anyone shed some insight into the inner workings of cruise pricing? LOL

3 minutes ago, firefly333 said:

@Ourusualbeachexplains it different, but seems like to me i also dont get the balcony discount with current sales because $550 off is more than my discount.

But if I book a group rate I do get the discount and it's that much cheaper at least, by the amount of my balcony discount.

For what it's worth though, I could always just book the cruise I want at the current fare, and just keep checking... and if I drops, just call and get the price changed, right?

• Like 1

Just now, PGHProducer said:

For what it's worth though, I could always just book the cruise I want at the current fare, and just keep checking... and if I drops, just call and get the price changed, right?

Let @Ourusualbeachbeach answer. I read no price drops after final payment and someone posts to correct me that they just did. We seem to be going thru a confusing time ..

My friend paid 1400 direct on harmony and I paid $1199 same exact but refundable group. Total solo city park balcony so I got my balcony discount and he didnt by booking direct. That's all I know. Apples to apples. 

Just now, PGHProducer said:

Let @Ourusualbeachbeach answer. I read no price drops after final payment and someone posts to correct me that they just did. We seem to be going thru a confusing time ..

My friend paid 1400 direct on harmony and I paid $1199 same exact but refundable group. Total solo city park balcony so I got my balcony discount and he didnt by booking direct. That's all I know. Apples to apples. 

8 minutes ago, firefly333 said:

I read no price drops after final payment and someone posts to correct me that they just did.

It depends.

If you booked before March 31, 2022 and sail by Sept 30, 2022 then you can get price drops up to 48 hours of sailing.

If you booked after March 31, 2022 or sail after Sept 30, 2022 then no price drops after final

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, PGHProducer said:

I am currently Emerald, though should be Diamond once I get credit for the cruise I just disembarked. I am looking at my next cruise and noticing that I don't seem to get any discount for being Emerald/Diamond when booking a balcony room. It's the same price whether I enter my C&A number or not.

The terms for the current "sale" say C&A is combinable, so I'm not sure what's going on...

Can anyone shed some insight into the inner workings of cruise pricing? LOL

It all depends on the promo.

The C&A balcony discount is combinable with the base promo of 30$ off every guest or 60% off second or whatever other fake sale they are running.  It is not combinable with their secondary sales that offer "instant savings" or "on board credit"  You get the higher of the 2 offers.  Since you are still at Emerald most of the secondary sales will have a higher offer value than your balcony discount.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Ourusualbeach said:

It all depends on the promo.

The C&A balcony discount is combinable with the base promo of 30$ off every guest or 60% off second or whatever other fake sale they are running.  It is not combinable with their secondary sales that offer "instant savings" or "on board credit"  You get the higher of the 2 offers.  Since you are still at Emerald most of the secondary sales will have a higher offer value than your balcony discount.

Do you think a Diamond discount would be a better deal?

1 hour ago, PGHProducer said:

Do you think a Diamond discount would be a better deal?

Here is another example. Inside cabin group rate. $1169. Central park balcony $1199. $30 difference group rate with diamond +. I think $250 more without group rate. Find a ta to get a quote.