Princess versus Holland America for Alaska Cruise

regan3

Welcome new CC member!

I have sailed on both in both directions.  

Prime consideration ought to be itinerary.  Does the ship visit the areas that interest you most?

Research of cruise lines onboard Alaska programs.  Trying to find the "When and Where" and "Princess Patters" daily programs will provide a taste of what to expect on board as to activities.  (Both cruise lines have very good/excellent Alaska programs.)  

How much open deck space is available for scenic viewing by the guests?  Being able to have a Lounge and/or deck space available that is forward viewing is an advantage, in my opinion.  

You asked for a preference.  Mine is an itinerary preference.  A cruise that is scheduled to visit both Glacier Bay and Hubbard Glacier would be one I would seriously consider booking.  

6 hours ago, regan3 said:

Has anybody traveled on either line for one way Alaska cruise? Any preferences or items I should be thinking about?

I’d say 6 in one, half dozen in the other. Both have great itineraries. Princess for activities and entertainment. Holland America for nicer lounges and more specious cabins. 

• Like 3

Exactly what I was thinking. Would definitely have Glacier Bay included on itinerary, would want covered promenade deck with access to the bow and a covered balcony stateroom. 

I looked for "When and Where" but was only able to find samples and not one for a one way Alaska (or Alaska) sailing. 

Thank you for the input, like the quick and varied responses. 

5 hours ago, regan3 said:

I looked for "When and Where" but was only able to find samples and not one for a one way Alaska (or Alaska) sailing. 

I suggest you make a request for someone to post a copy of "When and Where" for an Alaskan cruise on the HAL Message Board.  I am sure that they are "out there, somewhere".  

11 hours ago, regan3 said:

I looked for "When and Where" but was only able to find samples and not one for a one way Alaska (or Alaska) sailing

6 hours ago, rkacruiser said:

I suggest you make a request for someone to post a copy of "When and Where" for an Alaskan cruise on the HAL Message Board.  I am sure that they are "out there, somewhere".  

Yes, thanks to @Crew News they are here:  Alaska 7-Day 2022

• Thanks 1

12 hours ago, regan3 said:

Exactly what I was thinking. Would definitely have Glacier Bay included on itinerary, would want covered promenade deck with access to the bow and a covered balcony stateroom. 

Thank you for the input, like the quick and varied responses. 

Here is a link to my When & Where for a Northbound cruise from Vancouver to Seward:  When & Where Alaska Northbound 2019

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Crew News said:

Here is a link to my When & Where for a Northbound cruise from Vancouver to Seward:  When & Where Alaska Northbound 2019

Thanks for posting this.  When I responded to the OP, I was almost certain that you would have this, but, I could not remember how to post your contact information.