Club Balcony Suite Benefits

Kenlorz

12 hours ago, phillygwm said:

Everyone gets the same awful bottle of sparkling wine so that shouldn't weigh at all on your decision.  It isn't a perk specific to CB.

Not everyone gets the wine now. It was removed as a latitudes benefit when the tiers were revamped a few months ago.

A lot fewer people have to find ways of disposing of it these days.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, KeithJenner said:

Not everyone gets the wine now. It was removed as a latitudes benefit when the tiers were revamped a few months ago.

Interesting!  In looking at the new benefits I don't notice the sparkling wine, at any level.  

I'm not a wine snob, at all.  But even I found that unbearably sweet.  Last time I cruised, I just asked my room steward to make it go away.  Funny, when I told someone at the Latitudes Rewards desk, they asked that I bring the bottle to them in the future.  Apparently, they get a number of people upset because they didn't receive their bottle.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, phillygwm said:

Interesting!  In looking at the new benefits I don't notice the sparkling wine, at any level.  

I'm not a wine snob, at all.  But even I found that unbearably sweet.  Last time I cruised, I just asked my room steward to make it go away.  Funny, when I told someone at the Latitudes Rewards desk, they asked that I bring the bottle to them in the future.  Apparently, they get a number of people upset because they didn't receive their bottle.

On our last cruise we had an informal meet and greet at the Great Outdoors. One of the attendees was in the Haven and didn’t drink, so they very kindly bought the “champagne” from their room with them for us to all share.

It was a nice gesture, and nobody had the heart to explain that is wasn’t real champagne and we would all much rather be drinking what we had ordered from

the bar. We had the premium plus upgrade and it took quite a few glasses of Veuve afterwards to get rid of the taste. 🙂

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Are these perks something recent? We last sailed NCL in 2019 on the Escape and booked a Club Balcony Suite and the only perk we received was the bottle of sparkling wine. No other treats and I don't recall seeing anything about free laundry. We're booked in a Club Balcony Suite w/ Large Balcony in March (on the Joy) so I'm wondering if we'll see any of these other perks that have been mentioned.

2 hours ago, ThxMomnDad said:

Are these perks something recent? We last sailed NCL in 2019 on the Escape and booked a Club Balcony Suite and the only perk we received was the bottle of sparkling wine. No other treats and I don't recall seeing anything about free laundry. We're booked in a Club Balcony Suite w/ Large Balcony in March (on the Joy) so I'm wondering if we'll see any of these other perks that have been mentioned.

Yes, they are recent changes. These rooms used to be called Mini Suites and didn't have the perks. The changes came into effect post Covid.

• Like 1

Since this discussion has drifted away from the Encore specifically it is probably worth pointing out that in the Prima class the side-facing Club Balconies appear to have more space in the living area (and maybe the balcony) but the same bathrooms as the regular balcony cabins.

9 hours ago, ChiefMateJRK said:

Couldn't you just book an accessible room?  That would seem even more safe.

I could and I sometimes do.  But I don't (yet) need a fully accessible room, and I know that those are few and far between.  I don't need the sit down showers.  However, a larger shower, with more space to maneuver, does provide the level of safety I require at this point.  I know other passengers have a greater need for the fully accessible cabins, and I try to be as respectful as I can be when making reservations.

• Like 1

We were upgraded to a club balcony for our cruise last week in Iceland/Norway. The balcony was much bigger!  We were on the Star. We got a free bag of laundry, cookies (delivered twice), and a bottle of sparkling wine.  

• Like 1

12 hours ago, ChiefMateJRK said:

Couldn't you just book an accessible room?  That would seem even more safe.

Surprisingly, an accessible balcony room was much more than a club balcony.on our upcoming cruise.