Club Balcony Suite Benefits

Kenlorz

We are booked in a Club Balcony Suite on the Encore. For those who have recently stayed in a Club Balcony Suite,  can you share what perks/benefits you receieved? What I’ve read on NCL and what agents have told me and what my TA heard from NCL are slightly conflicting. I‘d love to hear first hand experience.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Kenlorz said:

For those who have recently stayed in a Club Balcony Suite,  can you share what perks/benefits you receieved? 

I was on the Bliss in December. 

You get a free bag of laundry and some goodies (candies) once or twice.  The reason you want a Club Balcony is the larger bathroom, especially toilet area, and a nicer shower.  

It's worth a small premium, IMO.  If it's more than $150 or so more, it's probably not worth it.

Edited by phillygwm
  • Like 7

What the club balcony gets over regular balcony:

larger/nicer bathroom, these amenities:

• Complimentary treats delivered to your stateroom
  • Complimentary bottle of sparkling wine
  • Complimentary choice of one valet laundry or pressing service
  • Bliss Collection by Norwegian™ featuring fine linens, pillows and a memory foam mattress or mattress topper

AND

• you get to be charged an additional $2pp/pd for DSC.
Edited by n4w
  • Like 1

kenlorz

please forgive me for raining on  your parade, but the extra perks are as mentioned above. the club balcony, while a very nice, comfortable cabin, is not a "suite" it's a revamped mid-ship mini suite.

you get a free bag of laundry, some goodies delivered to your cabin a couple of times during the sailing, and you can read other posts and threads regarding the bottle of sparkling wine.  dont be disappointed when  you get to your cabin, it's really very nice, and enjoy your cruise regardless

Thanks to those who already responded!

We booked this cabin for the large balcony (and bonus larger bathroom). 

I think the perk question I truly have is in regards to the wine and snacks. I’ve heard it would be canapés twice in the evening. I’ve heard a boring snack delivered once. I’ve heard chocolate covered strawberries. I’m curious what people have had delivered and how often. Is it completely discretionary to the cabin steward or is there a standard?

• Like 1

It's a goof.  If for some reason you absolutely need two sinks in the bathroom (I would prefer to wait until DW is done) or can't fit into a normal shower (highly unlikely, I will wager that I'm larger than you and win), then it's a waste of money.  Of course, you can get some underwear and socks washed.....  

1 hour ago, ChiefMateJRK said:

It's a goof.  If for some reason you absolutely need two sinks in the bathroom (I would prefer to wait until DW is done) or can't fit into a normal shower (highly unlikely, I will wager that I'm larger than you and win), then it's a waste of money.  Of course, you can get some underwear and socks washed.....  

The larger bathroom and shower is why we only book club suite or higher. 

As we have gotten older and less mobile, the standard showers are too small for us to maneuver in. The full size shower and the extra space around the toilet is well worth the money. When you get older, Chief, you'll understand. 

• Like 7
  • Haha 1

20 minutes ago, BirdTravels said:

As we have gotten older and less mobile, the standard showers are too small for us to maneuver in. The full size shower and the extra space around the toilet is well worth the money. When you get older, Chief, you'll understand. 

I am "older."  Have you gotten larger as you've gotten older?  (maybe)  Shower size is silly.  I've never sailed with a person who couldn't fit inside a normal shower.   You're in there for five minutes.  Maybe you need to shave something? (I'll admit I don't understand that 🤣).  That said, I am large enough to appreciate a few extra inches around the toilet.  Probably not enough to pull my wallet out for a Club Balcony Suite upgrade, but to each their own. 😎  At the end of the day, it's all good.

10 hours ago, Kenlorz said:

Thanks to those who already responded!

We booked this cabin for the large balcony (and bonus larger bathroom). 

Someone will correct me if I’m wrong, but I don’t think these balconies are any bigger than the size on standard balcony rooms. The “larger” in the description describes the bathroom only. 

12 minutes ago, KiddieKruzer said:

Someone will correct me if I’m wrong, but I don’t think these balconies are any bigger than the size on standard balcony rooms. The “larger” in the description describes the bathroom only. 

We booked the angled balcony cabin directly next to the club balcony with large balcony suite. The balcony for our cabin fits a large table with two chairs and two loungers

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, KiddieKruzer said:

There are balcony and club balcony rooms with large balconies on Deck 8 of BA and BA+ class ships. These are specific classes of rooms with extended balconies.

9 minutes ago, scooter6139 said:

The "perks" don't mean much to us, but the nicer, bigger bathroom does.  I believe it is one of the nicer bathrooms available at sea (but we've only Cruised HAL, Princess, NCL and Carnival)

We had one for the first time last March on the GA.   The big bathroom was really nice for us (and I got sick during the trip, spend too much time in the bathroom so I appreciated it).  The shower while bigger also had shower jets aimed at all kinds of body parts that were nice (until I got sunburned and had to turn them off!).   We got snacks I think 3 times, mostly chocolates and cookies, which we enjoyed and a bottle of sparkling wine we never drank but took home for another occasion.   As far as the laundry, you get one, rather small bag, which was fine to "recycle" our unmentionables.  Our balcony was no bigger than our standard balcony cabins we usually get.   I wouldn't spend more than $100 for the upgrade, but on our upcoming cruise we booked a standard balcony and put in a bid for a club balcony.  If we get it fine, if not, I'm sure we'll still have a wonderful time in a standard balcony cabin.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, BirdTravels said:

As we have gotten older and less mobile, the standard showers are too small for us to maneuver in. The full size shower and the extra space around the toilet is well worth the money. 

Completely agree.   I cannot go back to a small bathroom. 

Yesterday we had to change our cabin category (had club suite with large balcony) to qualify for a group rate for a 2024 cruise.  Unfortunately, the club suites with large balconies do not qualify.    I said I would give up the large balcony, but I would not give up the larger bathroom.   

17 hours ago, Kenlorz said:

I think the perk question I truly have is in regards to the wine and snacks. I’ve heard it would be canapés twice in the evening. I’ve heard a boring snack delivered once. I’ve heard chocolate covered strawberries. I’m curious what people have had delivered and how often. Is it completely discretionary to the cabin steward or is there a standard?

Not trying to avoid the question but I've gotten goodies both as a result of being in a Club Balcony as well as being CAS.  Sometimes I don't know which goodies are the result of which.  I've received the strawberries, which I want to say were CAS but I might be mistaken.  I never received canapes, but I did get petit fours, I forget how frequently but not every night.  I think that was a Club Balcony perk, maybe 4 or 6 on a plate?  You really don't want to base your decision based on that.  Even the balcony isn't THAT much larger.  I'm a big guy so I really appreciated the larger toilet space.  The shower was also nicer.

Everyone gets the same awful bottle of sparkling wine so that shouldn't weigh at all on your decision.  It isn't a perk specific to CB.

Hope this helps.

Edited by phillygwm
  • Like 2

We stayed in one on breakaway in May. Balcony was tiny but bathroom was amazing. Treats were a plate of candies and a plate of cookies. Both delivered mid afternoon. Laundry bag was same as platinum benefit bag. Would only book again if price was right.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, complawyer said:

on a personal basis only, i would book the club balcony cabin, if that's the category i wanted to be in.

to me the "perks" offered in the club suite are irrelevant and not  a game changer.

Agree.   When we book it, it is for the bathroom and not the "perks".

• Like 1

i dont even consider the bathroom. i merely book the cabin i feel that i want and can afford. in 18 ncl cruises since 2010, i never considered the bathroom size when making my decision.

however, to each his own. if thats your priority, i respect your criteria

• Like 1

We were in a Club Balcony Suite on the Jade a couple weeks ago. We received the free bag of Laundry. The bag size..small laundry bag but we were a family of 4 in the cabin and all managed to add what we needed to the bag. 

We got a bottle of sparkling wine and maybe 4 days of treats delivered? We honestly didn't pay much attention to them or eat them. We left the sparkling wine for the room steward. We asked if he would want it and he said if it was left in the room after the last day he could take it. 

• Like 1

The old mini "suites" renamed club-balcony-suite, I believe, is marginally bigger (length-wise on the long walls) by 2 ft. or maybe max of 3 ft. - which is barely noticeable, the tiny extra space is in front of the dresser/better width while standing there if the queen bed is behind/next to the closet.  Also, you might need to measure to confirm this - tiny & slight extra space on the other side of the queen bed toward the sofa - hardly call it spacious with the slim night stands.  The pull-out sofabed is the same, but there is also, possibly a little tiny, extra space toward the sliding balcony door.  All these are barely noticeable, if true & validated.

Sure, the bathroom is bigger ... double sink & the tub/fancier shower.  If seas are choppy & really rough, watch out - as the sliding shower door(s) could open & slam shut, all day & all night long.  Put a wet towel there to "stop" the action for peace & quiet while trying to sleep, rocking & rolling.  

• Like 1

The bathroom makes a difference to us.  I have a mobility impairment, and really appreciate the bigger shower, where I simply feel safer.  DH appreciates it because he likes a higher shower head (it's just a thing with him).  We like the double sinks, which make it easier to get ready in the morning and wash up in the evening.  

• Like 1