The Love Boat Reboot

JP350

I just came across a story saying that the love boat was going to be re done in 2022 fall. Like the 1970s show the show will be filmed on a princess ship (maybe majestic princess) in the med. Now just as a disclaimer I never watched the original love boat. But anyone who has or knows about the matter. Will they film during guest cruises or will they charter the ship for a month or two. I know I won't want to cruise while there are cameras around 24/7.

2 minutes ago, chrysalis said:

They have been filming it the last few weeks aboard the Regal. If you search out the "Live from the Regal" thread, you will be photos on the last few pages of filming scenes

Are they filming while guests are onboard. Like actual paying guests. Because sometimes with tv I can't tell if they're just regular bystanders or extras that the production recruited. 

1 minute ago, JP350 said:

Are they filming while guests are onboard. Like actual paying guests. Because sometimes with tv I can't tell if they're just regular bystanders or extras that the production recruited. 

regular passengers.  

3 minutes ago, senior lady said:

regular passengers.  

So they have to pay for a cruise, and while on that cruise have to deal with people trying to film a tv show. Doesn't seem worth it to me.

7 minutes ago, JP350 said:

So they have to pay for a cruise, and while on that cruise have to deal with people trying to film a tv show. Doesn't seem worth it to me.

actually most filming is done while people are off the ship or in area's that won't impact the passengers.   The general comments have been good and most people seem to enjoy watching the filming.

• Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, chrysalis said:

They have been filming it the last few weeks aboard the Regal. If you search out the "Live from the Regal" thread, you will be photos on the last few pages of filming scenes

Is it this forum by any chance?

3 minutes ago, senior lady said:

actually most filming is done while people are off the ship or in area's that won't impact the passengers.   The general comments have been good and most people seem to enjoy watching the filming.

Oh well that's good then. I guess they might get their 2 seconds of fame. At least it isn't disruptive to passengers. And for me at least they are filming in the med and not the caribbean.

Just so you know, it's not a scripted TV series like the original Love Boat. It's just another of the endless line of "reality dating shows". We have friends who were just on the Regal a couple weeks ago and saw them filming several times. Here's a link to the description from VarietyThe Real Love Boat

Edited by 5:00_Somewhere
  • Like 2

11 minutes ago, 5:00_Somewhere said:

Just so you know, it's not a scripted TV series like the original Love Boat. It's just another of the endless line of "reality dating shows". We have friends who were just on the Regal a couple weeks ago and saw them filming several times. Here's a link to the description from VarietyThe Real Love Boat

So it's basically just following people around and doing confessionals about who got with who. I thought it was a scripted version. 

11 minutes ago, AtlantaCruiser72 said:

To be clear this is not an episodic scripted series with a regular cast and rotating guest stars like the original or the 90s reboot. It is a “reality” dating competition series akin to the god awful “love island” or “ batchelor/batchelorette” series

Great that's exactly what the world needs another reality dating show.

• Haha 1

47 minutes ago, JP350 said:

They pretty much did their own thing, but it was all cool. The Love Boat captain and his DW even participated in the Marriage Match Game Show, which was a total hoot, although she never did divulge exactly where on the ship they had "done the deed". He even asked her after the show about what she said exactly while he had the headphones, as he was definitely worried he might get in trouble. 😄

1490163219_MarriageMatchGS.thumb.jpeg.88946a6490c0731307b1ee716450bd2b.jpeg

We saw them a few times, to include at least twice out on the aft near Outriggers.

328285477_aft1.thumb.jpeg.656848b34ed46bb8f7f0d85d604565d4.jpeg

We also saw them filming a few times outside on the promenade deck directly below our cabin. 

promenade.jpeg.d1fd2a2239015b3570ceae710e99f526.jpeg

Here is the IMDB link describing the new show scheduled to air in November I believe..

The Real Love Boat (TV Series 2022– ) - IMDb

Edited by Ken the cruiser
  • Like 1

23 minutes ago, AtlantaCruiser72 said:

It is a “reality” dating competition series akin to the god awful “love island” or “ batchelor/batchelorette” series

Don't mention this around my DW, you'll have one angry lady!  She loves her reality shows!  😄

• Haha 1

34 minutes ago, Ken the cruiser said:

They pretty much did their own thing, but it was all cool. The Love Boat captain and his DW even participated in the Marriage Match Game Show, which was a total hoot, although she never did divulge exactly where on the ship they had "done the deed". He even asked her after the show about what she said exactly while he had the headphones, as he was definitely worried he might get in trouble. 😄

1490163219_MarriageMatchGS.thumb.jpeg.88946a6490c0731307b1ee716450bd2b.jpeg

We saw them a few times, to include at least twice out on the aft near Outriggers.

328285477_aft1.thumb.jpeg.656848b34ed46bb8f7f0d85d604565d4.jpeg

We also saw them filming a few times outside on the promenade deck directly below our cabin. 

promenade.jpeg.d1fd2a2239015b3570ceae710e99f526.jpeg

Here is the IMDB link describing the new show scheduled to air in November I believe..

Thanks for this. I'm guessing this series will be a something like below deck in fact I think that somebody on the cast was from below deck med. At least the filming isn't intrusive and they aren't taking away from the guest experience.

What was funny was when our son told us he saw on old time TV star, but couldn't remember his name, in the gym around 4-5 am when he was still recovering from jet lag on the first leg. Then, when we were getting back on the ship in Naples on our third leg, he saw him again on the pier. He was right on both counts. He looked very familiar, but my DW and I couldn't remember his name either. 😃

So, it was time to visit my favorite site when it comes to TV shows. It turns out he is Jerry O'Connell and is the co-star of the Real Love Boat tv show along with Rebecca Romijn.

• Like 3

17 minutes ago, Ken the cruiser said:

What was funny was when our son told us he saw on old time TV star, but couldn't remember his name, in the gym around 4-5 am when he was still recovering from jet lag on the first leg. Then, when we were getting back on the ship in Naples on our third leg, he saw him again on the pier. He was right on both counts. He looked very familiar, but my DW and I couldn't remember his name either. 😃

So, it was time to visit my favorite site when it comes to TV shows. It turns out he is Jerry O'Connell and is the co-star of the Real Love Boat tv show along with Rebecca Romijn.

That's cool I guess the show made them like cruising 🙂 

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, avonlady6390 said:

I would not consider Jerry O'Connell an old time star.

Depends on one's age. He was in Stand By Me, Jerry Maguire, Joe''s Apartment (wow...), and a ton of other things. If one isn't all that old a movie from 1986 (Stand By Me) would make the guy an old time star. A quick Google search shows me 51 different movies or shows he was in. Personally, I didn't recognize his name or his face but have seen some of the things he was in.

• Like 1