Classic Drinks Package Southampton sailing

gillme

Hi, we’re sailing on Silhouette next month to Scandinavia from Southampton and have the Classic Drinks Package included - the cruise has been carried forward many times from pre Covid days! I am confused by posts on Facebook as to what the upper price is for drinks on this package. Some say $9 some say $11 On the Celebrity website it shows $9 but then I’m informed that it depends where you are sailing from…and to!! I’m happy with the cocktails that are shown as being included when I look at my app for the cruise but would like to know what anyone’s experience has been sailing from Southampton on Silhouette with the drinks.

Many thanks in advance for any responses. Looking forward to sailing with Celebrity for the first time! We have done a number of Royal Caribbean from Port Canaveral and Southampton

Gill and Malcolm 

When sailing out of Southampton, the posted price of a drink includes the gratuity.  When sailing out of other ports, the price does not include the 20% gratuity which is then added on.  The total should come out the same.

17 minutes ago, gillme said:

Hi, we’re sailing on Silhouette next month to Scandinavia from Southampton and have the Classic Drinks Package included - the cruise has been carried forward many times from pre Covid days! I am confused by posts on Facebook as to what the upper price is for drinks on this package. Some say $9 some say $11 On the Celebrity website it shows $9 but then I’m informed that it depends where you are sailing from…and to!! I’m happy with the cocktails that are shown as being included when I look at my app for the cruise but would like to know what anyone’s experience has been sailing from Southampton on Silhouette with the drinks.

Many thanks in advance for any responses. Looking forward to sailing with Celebrity for the first time! We have done a number of Royal Caribbean from Port Canaveral and Southampton

Gill and Malcolm 

We were on Silhouette last week. 11 dollars. If gratuities are added ,I don't know as no receipts were given.

37 minutes ago, gillme said:

but would like to know what anyone’s experience has been sailing from Southampton on Silhouette with the drinks.

Last year the Classic package on Silhouette sailing from Southampton was $11!

20 hours ago, upwarduk said:

Last year the Classic package on Silhouette sailing from Southampton was $11!

OK - so on the basis of a Southampton sailing, the limit on the Classic Package is $11 (which I appreciate includes the gratuity).  How much is the equivalent limit on the Premium package ?   I assume this will be $18 (inclusive of the gratuity) but would welcome confirmation from someone who knows. 

At $18 - I assume I can get pretty much anything - including champagne (but again would welcome confirmation from someone who knows.    

• 3 weeks later...
On 7/28/2022 at 6:24 PM, gillme said:

Gill and Malcolm 

Also remember that if you order a drink over the Classic limit you only pay the difference in price plus the gratuity on the difference not the full cost. Depending on what and how much you drink it is often much cheaper just to pay the difference on the odd drink rather than pay for the full premium package.

4 hours ago, Cheshire Blue said:

Great - Thanks for the confirmation. 

Did you happen to notice what champagne was currently available on Silhouette within the premium package ?   

We were in Murano on Friday evening and I asked the Sommelier for help with your question. He quoted 2 Champagnes (as he described them) within the Premium Package as being widely available on the ship, Chandon and one other (I can't recall the name). We tried Chandon and a third that he offered - Celebrity Vintage (I have a feeling that the latter may be a sparkling wine). Both were definitely palatable.  

7 minutes ago, NewWestwardbound said:

We were in Murano on Friday evening and I asked the Sommelier for help with your question. He quoted 2 Champagnes (as he described them) within the Premium Package as being widely available on the ship, Chandon and one other (I can't recall the name). We tried Chandon and a third that he offered - Celebrity Vintage (I have a feeling that the latter may be a sparkling wine). Both were definitely palatable.  

Thanks for doing this - really appreciated. 

Neither Chandon nor Celebrity Vintage are really champagnes - both sparkling wines.  Whilst pleased to hear they are palatable - conscious that Celebrity promote the the premium package as having champagnes.

They do definitely include some real champagnes in the package - but understand they also sometimes try to pass off lesser sparkling wines !   I'll see what they offer me on my cruise next month

Thanks again for raising this    

1 minute ago, Cheshire Blue said:

I'll see what they offer me on my cruise next month

I'll be interested to hear your experience. The Murano Wine List included many other Champagnes by the bottle but these 3 sparkling wines were the only ones available by the glass. 

I upgrade because champagne is my holiday treat. Was on silhouette last month and after only being offered Chandon ( on classic package) and complaining at guest services I was offered Cartier . 
think you have to try all venues and like I did complain ( but politely) 

21 hours ago, the penguins said:

Also remember that if you order a drink over the Classic limit you only pay the difference in price plus the gratuity on the difference not the full cost. Depending on what and how much you drink it is often much cheaper just to pay the difference on the odd drink rather than pay for the full premium package.

For Southampton sailings, since the gratuity is already included in the price, you only have to pay the difference in price.

4 hours ago, nasus2 said:

I upgrade because champagne is my holiday treat. Was on silhouette last month and after only being offered Chandon ( on classic package) and complaining at guest services I was offered Cartier . 
think you have to try all venues and like I did complain ( but politely) 

Thanks for the tip - if it necessary to complain, always politely.

Yes Cattier is the champagne that I hope to be offered on the Premium package  (but appreciate they do have some supply issues).  As you say Chandon (a Californian sparkling wine - not a champagne) is on the classic package.  

I have found they try to push Chandon and claim the real Champagne's are not available when pushed they usually "find" Cattier.   Cattier is listed as available by the glass on the premium package.

Celebrity Vintages should be reserved for the free bottle in your room or the Art Auction!

My cruise is still 6 weeks away so hopefully they will have Cattier (or perhaps Blue top) on board by then.  From memory the Chandon was OK to drink (but it's not champagne - more akin to a Cava ?).  Not tried the Celebrity Vintages - but sounds like best to avoid 🙂