Celebrity Cruise airfare - seat assignment

JLMcruise

This is the first time we are using the cruise line airfare. I noticed on our return trip we don't have seat assignments. When I go on Air Canada web site it wants me to pay to pick seats. Is this the norm? My TA is on vacation - and I really don't want to hold for over an hour calling Celebrity Air. Any info would be greatly appreciated.

3 minutes ago, JLMcruise said:

This is the first time we are using the cruise line airfare. I noticed on our return trip we don't have seat assignments. When I go on Air Canada web site it wants me to pay to pick seats. Is this the norm? My TA is on vacation - and I really don't want to hold for over an hour calling Celebrity Air. Any info would be greatly appreciated.

Pay for any seat that you want to select or for extra legroom, exit row etc?

• Like 1

No problem. I think that is what it is based on the description.  I'm picky with my seats so never pick that option on Air Canada's website (basically I want a window seat I seem to handle travel better that way)

Celebrity Air is a consolidator.   There are dozens of threads about this.  One of the reasons they can offer cheaper fares is they block out groups of seats.  Sometimes you are not ticketed until after final payment.   Some airlines allow you to select your seat immediately others including Air Canada not until final payment.

If you are picky about your seat ABCelebrity might not work well for you.

1 minute ago, Arizona Wildcat said:

Celebrity Air is a consolidator.   There are dozens of threads about this.  One of the reasons they can offer cheaper fares is they block out groups of seats.  Sometimes you are not ticketed until after final payment.   Some airlines allow you to select your seat immediately others including Air Canada not until final payment.

Ed Zachary.

19 minutes ago, Arizona Wildcat said:

17 minutes ago, hasentreelake said:

Ed Zachary.

Thanks - we made the final payment when we booked. It was pass the final payment date. When I went on Air Canada web site it stated my TA needed to make any changes (currently she is away on vacation)  but the site would let me pick seats for a price. I guess I will just bite the bullet and pay.

• Like 1