Covid testing Vancouver

Juno1956

We are sailing on Regatta 27th August to Alaska . As we still need testing we are thinking of getting tested at Canada Place on the morning of embarkation. Our hotel is only a couple of blocks from the hotel so we could go first thing in the morning. I know we have a 72 hour window but I’m thinking of the time difference,night in a hotel etc.

So my question is has anyone had experience with them and are they speedy?! 
Thank you

just did it there last month. we went day before our cruise. no appointment just walked in. $60 added to our ship bill and results while you wait. 30 minutes total time .

they are open days when CCL and RCL ships are there. don't like price but service was excellent.

39 minutes ago, gofish said:

just did it there last month. we went day before our cruise. no appointment just walked in. $60 added to our ship bill and results while you wait. 30 minutes total time .

they are open days when CCL and RCL ships are there. don't like price but service was excellent.

Actually the time I think is 48 hours for the antigen test.  If you are there the day before your cruise I would suggest you do it then.  They were closed on the 29, 30 and 1 July when we were there and had to test at the airport.  Was a pain but they did refund the money and gave us the test for free.  There are two sites at the aiport, one net to the United Check in counter (298) and the other in the Fairmont Airport hotel.  Hours at the airport are 9am to 4pm.

1 hour ago, ORV said:

If you're staying in a hotel the night before a proctored test you could take in your hotel room would probably be the cheapest and easiest. 

We took our Inspire proctored test last Sunday night in our hotel room in New York City for our Tuesday embarkation on Insignia.  We both did it with the same call and had the results emailed to us in 15 minutes.  Had the hotel print me a copy for back up.  Very easy. $45.00 a person 

20 minutes ago, Juno1956 said:

Thank you.Some cruise lines do not accept proctored tests but if Oceania do, maybe this is another option.

https://www.oceaniacruises.com/sites/default/files/2022-07/Sail-Safe-Program.pdf

“Additionally, we have partnered with Inspire Diagnostics to provide hassle-free, online testing for our guests from the convenience of your own home. Inspire Diagnostics is a subsidiary of Inspire Health Alliance, a leader in best-in-class health services that provides FDA-approved, proctored, in-home antigen testing for our guests.
Testing at home is safe, simple and convenient. Purchasing in-home testing kits is simple.
a. Sign up on the testing site https://inspirediagnostics.com/oceania/
b. Receive the test kit(s) by UPS
c. Schedule an on-line proctoring consultation
d. Receive certified results via email”

1 hour ago, Juno1956 said:

Thank you.Some cruise lines do not accept proctored tests but if Oceania do, maybe this is another option.

If you mean a remotely proctored test.. have not heard of any cruise line that does not accept a remote proctored test. In fact my proctored test I did in my hotel room pre cruise for Celebrity emailed me a negative test on their stationary showing a lab based in Miami. Could not even tell from looking at my results report whether it was done in person or remotely. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Juno1956 said:

Thanks for your replies. We do not get into Vancouver until 7p.m.which is too late to be tested there.

Maybe by the end of August Oceania will have dropped the testing!

For Canada cruises the test is a government requirement...nothing to do with whether Oceania requires a test. Not likely to go away any time soon.