Expired FCC: What would you do?

So, we were supposed to go on a cruise September of 2019, when a hurricane came and cancelled the cruise. Royal Caribbean gave everyone a FCC, which expired September of 2020. COVID hit in March of 2020 and we were unable to use our FCC. We are unvaccinated, so we were unable to use the credit until now. However, when I called Royal, they said it expired in 2021. I asked to speak with a Manager and the FFC department said it was policy and nothing they can do.

Until now, we've been unable to cruise, and don't really believe its fair the credit expired. What does everyone else think? Anyone have any contact info they could pass I could reach out to?

11 minutes ago, TampaGambler said:

So, we were supposed to go on a cruise September of 2019, when a hurricane came and cancelled the cruise. Royal Caribbean gave everyone a FCC, which expired September of 2020. COVID hit in March of 2020 and we were unable to use our FCC. We are unvaccinated, so we were unable to use the credit until now. However, when I called Royal, they said it expired in 2021. I asked to speak with a Manager and the FFC department said it was policy and nothing they can do.

Until now, we've been unable to cruise, and don't really believe its fair the credit expired. What does everyone else think? Anyone have any contact info they could pass I could reach out to?

Call back and ask for a supervisor or elevate to the resolution department, good luck. Might be worth your trouble to email Michael Bailey. Someone here will give you the email address.  

Agree with TAG - push back hard and ask them to honor... We had FCC that were extended like yours, and I found out they were valid (due to the extension) after I had already booked another cruise. I argued and they ended up applying it to another booking. It's your $$ and they look very bad keeping it due to COVID issues.  If you are booking again, they should give you credit.

Edited by watcher_62

7 minutes ago, firefly333 said:

Mbayley@rccl.com 

Though I dont expect a lot of sympathy cant hurt to try. As cigar king said the rest got jabbed to cruise you didnt for whatever reason. 

Thanks for the email, I'll write and see if he replies.... Does anyone know if he usually replies?

When your cruise was cancelled, they also returned your money?  This was more of a "goodwill" FCC that they issued, in order to encourage you to book with RCL again in the near future?

If I were you, I would think of it more as a "coupon" that you never got around to using, and not cash that you lost.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, TampaGambler said:

Thanks for the email, I'll write and see if he replies.... Does anyone know if he usually replies?

Yes his office replies fairly promptly every time I've written.

Even back early on I know exceptions were made to adults who werent vaccinated as I meet one early days back when we still wore bracelets to show we were vaccinated. I don't know if you even tried to cruise and get a exemption. You might mention any efforts you made before it expired. 

5 minutes ago, karl_nj said:

When your cruise was cancelled, they also returned your money?  This was more of a "goodwill" FCC that they issued, in order to encourage you to book with RCL again in the near future?

If I were you, I would think of it more as a "coupon" that you never got around to using, and not cash that you lost.

No, it was a FCC, they did not return any money. What they did was turn a 3 day cruise into 5 day cruise and went in a different direction. We had to be back by the 5th day and couldn't go, so they offered anyone who couldn't make the longer cruise FCC. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, firefly333 said:

Yes his office replies fairly promptly every time I've written.

Even back early on I know exceptions were made to adults who werent vaccinated as I meet one early days back when we still wore bracelets to show we were vaccinated. I don't know if you even tried to cruise and get a exemption. You might mention any efforts you made before it expired. 

Thanks, its worth a respectful email. 

We called about booking a cruise, but the process to get an exemption was details, but more importantly, they wanted you to book the cruise and then request the exemption. Then the timeline for an answer could be within two weeks of the cruise. 

12 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

He personally does not reply but someone will respond, may take a couple of days.   Don't expect an answer over the weekend.

Give them all the details you can including your fcc number

Thanks, I'll shoot them an email, worst they can say is no. 

5 minutes ago, TampaGambler said:

No, it was a FCC, they did not return any money. What they did was turn a 3 day cruise into 5 day cruise and went in a different direction. We had to be back by the 5th day and couldn't go, so they offered anyone who couldn't make the longer cruise FCC. 

How aggravating!  Although it's best to keep your letter short and to the point, maybe try to mention that the only reason you couldn't go on the original cruise was due to the fact that RCL changed the return date.

3 minutes ago, karl_nj said:

How aggravating!  Although it's best to keep your letter short and to the point, maybe try to mention that the only reason you couldn't go on the original cruise was due to the fact that RCL changed the return date.

Yeah, I was planning on a short and sweet email. Doesn't have to be drawn out, the facts are the facts and they can speak for themselves. 

9 hours ago, taglovestocruise said:

Call back and ask for a supervisor or elevate to the resolution department, good luck. Might be worth your trouble to email Michael Bailey. Someone here will give you the email address.  

Agree that you should keep calling. I had an expired fcc and after a few calls was able to apply it to my upcoming cruise.