Insurance for Digital Nomads Without a Home?

I'm a USA resident that left the states in 2017 and have not been back since.  I live out of temporary hotels and apartments and do not have a permanent address. 

I have a virtual mailbox in Europe for mail in another country and family members with an address in the USA.

It appears all insurance companies require one to have been living at a physical USA address for coverage. 

Does anyone know of an insurance company that covers people that do not have a physical address they live in for Covid/Trip-Cancellation Insurance?

Edited by Rob-Seattle

3 minutes ago, Rob-Seattle said:

I'm a USA resident that left the states in 2017 and have not been back since.  I live out of temporary hotels and apartments and do not have a permanent address. 

I have a virtual mailbox in Europe for mail in another country and family members with an address in the USA.

It appears all insurance companies require one to have been living at a physical USA address for coverage. 

Does anyone know of an insurance company that covers people that do not have a physical address they live in for Covid/Trip-Cancellation Insurance?

I assume you mean you're a US citizen because you can't be a US resident if you don't live in the US. 

Insurance in the US is regulated by the states. Policy terms, conditions, exclusions and premiums can and do vary by state. Hence a US insurer can't issue a policy to someone who doesn't reside in the US .

Perhaps you can be insured by a company doing business in the country where you are residing. 

4 minutes ago, njhorseman said:

I assume you mean you're a US citizen because you can't be a US resident if you don't live in the US. 

Insurance in the US is regulated by the states. Policy terms, conditions, exclusions and premiums can and do vary by state. Hence a US insurer can't issue a policy to someone who doesn't reside in the US .

Perhaps you can be insured by a company doing business in the country where you are residing. 

I am a US resident by birth/have a US passport, although I work and travel around the world and usually only stay in a country for a few months.. Have an Internet business that allows me to work anywhere..

1 minute ago, Rob-Seattle said:

I am a US resident by birth/have a US passport, although I work and travel around the world and usually only stay in a country for a few months.. Have an Internet business that allows me to work anywhere..

You're a US citizen. Residency is where you're living, not your country of citizenship. Since you're not living in the US you're not a US resident, and being a resident of the US is necessary to buy an insurance policy from a US insurer for the reasons I explained. 

57 minutes ago, Rob-Seattle said:

You are a “resident” of the country in which you reside. You can be a citizen by birth, but to be a resident of a place you need to reside there.

You might be able to convince your family members “with an address in the USA” to let you claim that address as your residence - but potential insurers might be able to deny coverage if that deception were uncovered.

Edited by navybankerteacher

OP: let me repeat what others have posted: while you are a US citizen, your description does not qualify you as a US resident.

That said, you mentioned spending months in a specific location around the world. Why not make the US one of those locations for enough time to qualify your insurance quest?