Princess cancelled our airfare- help

Slyfox16

Just now, Ombud said:

I feel like I'm writing on a blank wall 

Ginny, anyone using EZAIR needs to call 1(800) 545-0008 or their CVP /TA. Anyone booking on their own needs to negotiate their own flight

Yes. I am aware of that, but Princess doesn't have the same ability to get you on another flight as the airline has dealing directly with other airlines.  The comparison isn't you vs. Princess, it's the airline vs. Princess.  If you have even minimal status with an airline, you have better a better chance of getting another flight.

Just now, Ombud said:

But it's good that everyone has found something in these days where LHR, CDG, Frankfurt airports are problematic to say the least

Yes, in fact I have made it a point to avoid those airports for connections to our October sailing.  Of course if you are sailing from Southampton there aren't many choices, unless you can find a flight to Southampton after jockeying around Europe.

I agree with Ombud.  The EXACT same thing happened to me today with my flight for the EXACT same cruise.  PS - see you onboard.  I called Princess customer service.  She was stern but said she would try and reach out to EZ Air and fix it.  I was on hold for 30 minutes and Princess dropped the call.  I called the 1-800-545-0008 line next and got right through to EZ Air, apparently while I was on hold the first time, they rebooked me on my flight.  When speaking to them, the moved up my ticketing date.  This was my second issue as my first flight was cancelled by the airline.  Hopefully this is the last issue but we will see. 

• Like 4

4 hours ago, beg3yrs said:

Really? Where can I get the following using independent booking?

• Letting you book without having to pay until final payment. With final payment being 90 days in advance, I'm not sure how this is an advantage.  An EZ Air passenger pays 90 days out.  An independent booker has the option of doing that as well.  Or paying 120 days out if the price is good.  Or waiting to book 30 days out if the prices are trending downward.  There is no advantage to either side on this point. And if you do book and pay in advance and end up having to cancel, all airlines give you a dollar for dollar credit, even if you cancel at the very last minute.  You don't lose the imbedded value of your ticket.
  • Changes with no change fees until 45 days before departure (admittedly this isn't as big of a deal as it once was with most airlines dropping those fees, for now).  As noted, this isn't really an issue right now. 
  • Missed departure protection - getting you to the next port (if legal of course).  Not that easy to accomplish, and, if you arrive in your departure port at least one day in advance, this doesn't really come into play.  With or without EZ Air, I would never book a flight that arrives on the day of departure.
  • Significantly lower air fares on international flights.  The last three times I checked, EZ Air was several hundred dollars more than what I found on my own.  So maybe there is a savings and maybe there isn't.

See above

• Like 1

2 hours ago, vjmatty said:

If you have even minimal status with an airline, you have better a better chance of getting another flight.

This is important and probably colors my view.  Neither Princess nor EZ Air can do for me what the American Airlines Platinum Desk can do and in less time.

• Like 1

Thanks for all the comments and help. Our CVP at Princess finally got it resolved. They could not explain why the air was canceled. They obviously waived the cancellation fees and rebooked us on the same flight at the same rate, even though the air had gone up dramatically.

• Like 14
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Slyfox16 said:

Thanks for all the comments and help. Our CVP at Princess finally got it resolved. They could not explain why the air was canceled. They obviously waived the cancellation fees and rebooked us on the same flight at the same rate, even though the air had gone up dramatically.

Thank you for the update.

7 hours ago, Slyfox16 said:

Also, check the Delta website and make sure you see the flight, seat selection and that this has been ticketed.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Slyfox16 said:

How do you tell if it was ticketed?

If you’re on the Delta App click on your reservation and details, move down, you can check the details and get a receipt.

You should be able to see the eticket numbers.  

• Like 1

Just now, PacnGoNow said:

If you’re on the Delta App click on your reservation and details, move down, you can check the details and get a receipt.

Receipt will show your ticket numbers and all details if the ticket, screen shot of that might be helpful.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Slyfox16 said:

How do you tell if it was ticketed?

You can see this on the Travel Summary that you can generate through the Cruise Personalizer on the Princess website.  There's a line for ticket numbers in the section that shows your flights.  If the space is blank it hasn't been ticketed and if it has been, you'll see the ticket number.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, azbirdmom said:

You can see this on the Travel Summary that you can generate through the Cruise Personalizer on the Princess website.  There's a line for ticket numbers in the section that shows your flights.  If the space is blank it hasn't been ticketed and if it has been, you'll see the ticket number.

Yes, if it has been updated by EZAIR.  I’m not sure how long it takes for an update.

Have you noticed how long it takes in the Travel summary?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, PacnGoNow said:

Yes, if it has been updated by EZAIR.  I’m not sure how long it takes for an update.

Have you noticed how long it takes in the Travel summary?

The last time we used EZAir was for a May cruise and it appeared fairly quick, maybe a couple of hours.  I had problems with that one as the flights shown weren't the same as were on the United website so I had to call.  They finally fixed it to get the flights in sync and ticketed it at around the 30 day mark.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

45 minutes ago, PacnGoNow said:

I have eticket #'s for my upcoming flights on Delta but not able to see any receipts. I chose our seats a long time ago with princess, they show still on Delta but princess is now saying I need to choose again. Funny thing is when I try to choose my seats through ezair my seats are taken.....which makes sense since Delta shows I have them. I think princess needs to work on their systems. 🤣

44 minutes ago, Moondogy said:

I have eticket #'s for my upcoming flights on Delta but not able to see any receipts. I chose our seats a long time ago with princess, they show still on Delta but princess is now saying I need to choose again. Funny thing is when I try to choose my seats through ezair my seats are taken.....which makes sense since Delta shows I have them. I think princess needs to work on their systems. 🤣

Don’t do your seats through EZAIR, that is just a request.  Always through the airline, if they permit advanced seating.

Are you using the Delta App?  If not, download it in your phone. Makes it really easy to check your flights, especially when traveling, etc.  You can always delete it after your trip.

Keep an eye on your flights on Delta in their App. 
If you have the App downloaded, I can tell you where to look for seats, tickets, etc.

2 hours ago, PacnGoNow said:

Don’t do your seats through EZAIR, that is just a request.  Always through the airline, if they permit advanced seating.

Are you using the Delta App?  If not, download it in your phone. Makes it really easy to check your flights, especially when traveling, etc.  You can always delete it after your trip.

Keep an eye on your flights on Delta in their App. 
If you have the App downloaded, I can tell you where to look for seats, tickets, etc.

Yep, have the app 🙂 that's why I haven't bothered call ezair. I had our seats picked on the app from the beginning thanks. Just amazing it showed up on ezair then after they paid for the tickets some of the seats disappeared from ezair. All good though, just hoping I get upgraded to fist class with my Delta Xpress card 🤣

Edited by Moondogy
Correcting auto Correct
  • Like 2

Just this very day had an EZ Air issue- we sail from Vancouver two weeks from tomorrow. Four in party- I checked United to be sure flights were there, ours were, but our companions' flights were gone on United. Still on Princess tho.

Our CVP announced his Aug 12 retirement on FB today, and friend whose flight disappeared tried for hours to get him. She then called Princess who said altho he retires Aug 12, he's no longer in the office and not taking calls. Grrr. The CVP I had already emailed to see if we could transfer, immediately helped us. He emailed me that "sure enough, friends' flights are gone". But he got them rebooked- only disadvantage is they lost their selected seats. 

Not sure what would have happened had we not checked on United.com...

7 minutes ago, mam11 said:

Just this very day had an EZ Air issue- we sail from Vancouver two weeks from tomorrow. Four in party- I checked United to be sure flights were there, ours were, but our companions' flights were gone on United. Still on Princess tho.

Our CVP announced his Aug 12 retirement on FB today, and friend whose flight disappeared tried for hours to get him. She then called Princess who said altho he retires Aug 12, he's no longer in the office and not taking calls. Grrr. The CVP I had already emailed to see if we could transfer, immediately helped us. He emailed me that "sure enough, friends' flights are gone". But he got them rebooked- only disadvantage is they lost their selected seats. 

Not sure what would have happened had we not checked on United.com...

Did the flight still operate?  If so, sounds as though they were never ticketed by EZair.  Everyone needs to check their flights and make sure they see those ticket numbers.  So glad they are all set now.

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, PacnGoNow said:

Did the flight still operate?  If so, sounds as though they were never ticketed by EZair.  Everyone needs to check their flights and make sure they see those ticket numbers.  So glad they are all set now.

Yes, we're all on the same flights. I agree about them probably not being ticketed. Thank goodness we checked. 

• Like 1

On the Delta site I see the e ticket #, but it says "Oh no! We're sorry, we are unable to display a copy of your receipt at this time. Please try again later. Also on the Personalizer I don't see a line for the ticket # or our seats, which we got already from Delta. Should I be worried again? 

22 minutes ago, Slyfox16 said:

On the Delta site I see the e ticket #, but it says "Oh no! We're sorry, we are unable to display a copy of your receipt at this time. Please try again later. Also on the Personalizer I don't see a line for the ticket # or our seats, which we got already from Delta. Should I be worried again? 

Dang…. I’m not saying you should start worrying again but….. dang (btw, dang is not a word I normally use but I am for this site)

Edited by AZjohn
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, Slyfox16 said:

It could just be the DL website, but I always say…make sure you see those ticket numbers.  On EZAIR tickets, it should show up on the travel summary.

So, since it was ticketed, then cancelled…

then reinstated…was it reticketed yet?

Maybe not!  I bet it wasn’t.

Again, call back your CVP again and tell them you want it ticketed.  You want to see those ticket nos and be done with it.

12 hours ago, Slyfox16 said:

You won't get a receipt from Delta, only EZair. It's the same on American Airlines, no receipts.

Once on AA there was a programming error for about a day and you could see the receipts. It exposed the amount EZair actually pays the airlines which is different (less) than what EZair charges you. That's likely the reason you can't get a receipt from the airline.

• Like 1