Transportation from San Pedro port

heart2cruise

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/1/2022 at 2:01 PM, scottca075 said:

Best is a judgment call obviously. The "best" would be a limo stocked with bottles of Dom Perignon Brut, vintage 1966, but I don't think that is what you are asking. The best combo of convenient and cost is Uber or Lyft.

Oooooh!  where do I book this one?  It would probably cost more than the cruise, but it's only money, right!

Thanks for the chuckle!

• Haha 1

53 minutes ago, Happiest when cruising said:

Is there a shuttle service to go to LAX, I can’t seem to find one, but I have seen posts where people have just got off and boarded one right at the port. I need something for Oct. 1st. We used to just take a taxi, but it seems like that is now around 100.00 plus tip? 

There are all kinds of shuttle services that go to LAX, but if you are asking about a shared shuttle service like SuperShuttle of the old days that would just show up at the port and load up, no. Since Covid, shared shuttles have been a thing of the past. Maybe they are or will come back, but I haven't seen them yet.

Look at Zippy Shuttle, Karmel Shuttle and Sunny's Transportation.

2 hours ago, scottca075 said:

There are all kinds of shuttle services that go to LAX, but if you are asking about a shared shuttle service like SuperShuttle of the old days that would just show up at the port and load up, no. Since Covid, shared shuttles have been a thing of the past. Maybe they are or will come back, but I haven't seen them yet.

Look at Zippy Shuttle, Karmel Shuttle and Sunny's Transportation.

Thanks so much. I’m looking for anything at a reasonable cost. I sure miss the old days. I did typically book and pay for a shuttle service beforehand, or grab a taxi. We still just grab a taxi in FLL.
Since we don’t have a phone service plan in the USA, it’s hard for me to call up an Uber or something. 
I’ll check into the ones you have so kindly listed for me. I appreciate your help. 

2 minutes ago, Happiest when cruising said:

We still just grab a taxi in FLL.

Check cruises from San Diego sometime. SAN is like FLL, it is less than 3 miles from the cruise terminal. It is darn near walkable as there is a sidewalk all the way along the bay from the cruise terminal to the airport entrance.

https://goo.gl/maps/s7FPYTjcE8SaWBJf9

1 hour ago, scottca075 said:

Check cruises from San Diego sometime. SAN is like FLL, it is less than 3 miles from the cruise terminal. It is darn near walkable as there is a sidewalk all the way along the bay from the cruise terminal to the airport entrance.

https://goo.gl/maps/s7FPYTjcE8SaWBJf9

Thanks so much, we also like San Francisco, and Seattle, since we live just outside Vancouver, BC. Those ports are easy for us to fly to. 
I’m getting too old for those long travel days, but we love the Caribbean, so we do it.
We have no interest in going to Alaska.

My husband says he isn’t cruising anywhere that he needs to wear a coat and gloves, etc. 

37 minutes ago, Ashland said:

OP...You might also find it convenient in your case to just book the cruiseline transportation.

We might do that as well, but in Canadian dollars it makes it over 100.00… and our flight isn’t until 4:15 pm. Maybe I’ll have OBC left to burn. 

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, jetlag69 said:

Please post if you find a reasonable shuttle from LAX to the port San Pedro and/or back. I will need one in late October.. Thank you. 

What dollar amount do you consider reasonable?

SuperShuttle is offically out of business, but they sold/leased the name "SuperShuttle Express" to different companies all over the U.S. In LA it is Karmel and PrimeTime that have the name. Some limited version of shared service may be back.

https://www.supershuttle.com/ride-choices/shared-ride-shuttle/

4 hours ago, jetlag69 said:

Please post if you find a reasonable shuttle from LAX to the port San Pedro and/or back. I will need one in late October.. Thank you. 

You too might consider cruiseline transfers fro LAX to San Pedro otherwise Uber/Lyft might be an option for you.

We are considering doing the Van Nuys Flyaway to LAX terminal one and then walk over to where Uber/Lyft can pickup and take us to San Pedro for our Oct cruise (Panama Canal).

On 8/11/2022 at 9:22 AM, jetlag69 said:

Following as we will need transportation from Long Beach Airport to San Pedro.  I can share that I have contacted two shuttle services for that trip (shorter than from LAX) and was quoted $85. and $95. respectively for two people. Neither were the ones listed here. 

On 8/11/2022 at 2:16 PM, Ashland said:

You too might consider cruiseline transfers fro LAX to San Pedro otherwise Uber/Lyft might be an option for you.

We are considering doing the Van Nuys Flyaway to LAX terminal one and then walk over to where Uber/Lyft can pickup and take us to San Pedro for our Oct cruise (Panama Canal).

Are taking the October 20th sailing to New Orleans?  If so we will be on the same ship again as I believe we both sailed the Navigator earlier this year.

36 minutes ago, imola said:

Following as we will need transportation from Long Beach Airport to San Pedro.  I can share that I have contacted two shuttle services for that trip (shorter than from LAX) and was quoted $85. and $95. respectively for two people. Neither were the ones listed here. 

Taxi Fare Finder tells me a cab LGB to the World Cruise Center (or Crowne Plaza, etc) should be about $50 in average traffic. Uber would be about 20% less normally.

2 minutes ago, scottca075 said:

Taxi Fare Finder tells me a cab LGB to the World Cruise Center (or Crowne Plaza, etc) should be about $50 in average traffic. Uber would be about 20% less normally.

Can taxis and Uber do curbside pickup at Long Beach Airport as I know that they cannot at LAX?  Also I have looked at taxis in Long Beach and the reviews are pretty bad (i.e. not timely, dirty, takes long way for higher cost).  Although I have heard that they are easy to grab at Long Beach Airport.  I was hoping for a set fee from airport to hotel?

2 minutes ago, imola said:

Can taxis and Uber do curbside pickup at Long Beach Airport as I know that they cannot at LAX?  Also I have looked at taxis in Long Beach and the reviews are pretty bad (i.e. not timely, dirty, takes long way for higher cost).  Although I have heard that they are easy to grab at Long Beach Airport.  I was hoping for a set fee from airport to hotel?

Yes. LGB is a tiny airport. You deplane down a ramp to the tarmac (no jetways) and the taxis or Uber are maybe 200 yards away.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, scottca075 said:

Yes. LGB is a tiny airport. You deplane down a ramp to the tarmac (no jetways) and the taxis or Uber are maybe 200 yards away.

Do you know if the taxis are set fee or metered?  Does an Uber have to be pre ordered or can one just be gotten up arrival?  Sorry we have never used Uber or Lyft and DH is concerned about using them.  I also want to thank you for being so helpful for all my questions. 

14 minutes ago, imola said:

Do you know if the taxis are set fee or metered?  Does an Uber have to be pre ordered or can one just be gotten up arrival?  Sorry we have never used Uber or Lyft and DH is concerned about using them.  I also want to thank you for being so helpful for all my questions. 

According to the LGB website, there are flat rate taxis to the WCC San Pedro for $45.

https://www.longbeach.gov/lgb/airlines-destinations/transportation/