ChoiceAir Seat Selection

nordski

For those using ChoiceAir and thinking  of choosing seats on the airline’s web site, it may be much more efficient to ask the Choice Air agent to reserve the seats for you.

At least that was my experience yesterday with Air Canada (a Lufthansa code share).

Much quicker to talk to ChoiceAir when the information on the airline website is obviously incorrect.

Choice Air gave me a choice of flights.  They booked me and reserved my seat before final payment.

I found that although I use a travel agent it is easier for me to make my own air reservations which were applied to my Azamara reservation.

I did pay so I do not know whether ChoiceAir could have made the reservations prior to our purchase.

In our case the selection of seats seemed suspiciously very limited on the airline site and the ChoiceAir agent was able to select the seats we wanted.

Using that service was far, far preferable to trying to call the airline for clarification.

We have not encountered that problem before.

I paid for and had my air ticketed by Choice Air before final payment was due and then had them select my seats. I could not select seats until I was ticketed. Lufthansa ended up changing the equipment after my seats were chosen but I was able to re-select new seats directly on the Lufthansa app. I also was able to pay an upgrade directly with Lufthansa for better seats. 

The ability to select seats is varies by airline: some allow it and some don't, for some it depends on whether or not final payment has been made.   I booked Delta flights with ChoiceAir, had the agent select my seats during the call; within hours I was able to make changes to those seats on the Delta site.  This was months before I made final payment.  I agree with the OP, I would always try to get the agent to choose seats when making the booking. 

Remember that all of your "seat reservations" made before you are ticketed are nothing more than a request for that seat.  You can be moved from that seat at any time.

Beyond that, you can be moved from that seat even after ticketing.  It is not like a baseball game, where your ticket purchase buys you a specific seat.

And before anyone wants to argue, I suggest reading the actual terms and conditions, and contract of carriage, for your airline.  Standing wager that no one will find language assuring you of any specific seat on an aircraft.

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/3/2022 at 10:23 PM, FlyerTalker said:

Remember that all of your "seat reservations" made before you are ticketed are nothing more than a request for that seat.  You can be moved from that seat at any time.

Beyond that, you can be moved from that seat even after ticketing.  It is not like a baseball game, where your ticket purchase buys you a specific seat.

And before anyone wants to argue, I suggest reading the actual terms and conditions, and contract of carriage, for your airline.  Standing wager that no one will find language assuring you of any specific seat on an aircraft.

And sometimes the change is to better seats😇😂  

There is even more chance of being moved if you are on the bulkhead that has bassinet hooks!  And, those can happen really late.