Policy regarding testing positive prior to embarking

martinitime1

On 8/2/2022 at 11:59 AM, martinitime1 said:

What is the current policy regarding testing positive prior to embarking? I assume we would lose EZAir but what is princess currently doing regarding the cruise fare? Are they converting to a future cruise credit funds?

Why would you lose ezair?  It's booked thru princess?  But, I do have the platinum protection, so maybe that??  I am interested too.  Here is from the Princess site: 

Guests who test positive for COVID-19, as well as their family members and close contacts, will not be allowed to sail and should not travel to the ship. If you, your family members, travelling companions or other close contacts are suspected of having COVID-19 and are not permitted to board, you are entitled to a 100% Future Cruise Credit (FCC).

If you are unable to sail because you tested positive for COVID-19 on embarkation day, change fees and reasonable expenses related shoreside quarantine and travel home for you and your immediate travel party will be covered by Princess if not reimbursable from medical insurance, a travel protection plan or other responsible party. Any meals during shoreside quarantine will be covered by a per-diem meal allowance as communicated by a letter provided by staff at the pier. (No receipt retention is required.)

If you have purchased a travel protection plan through us, you and your travel companion may make a claim for a refund under the trip interruption benefit instead of receiving the Future Cruise Credit.

18 minutes ago, scottca075 said:

So yes, you should get the entire amount in FCC.

Platinum Protection Plan is insurance underwritten by Nationwide. Cancelling for a covered reason is reimbursed in cash.

Edited by Babr
  • Like 1

18 hours ago, Level six said:

Why would you lose ezair?  It's booked thru princess?  But, I do have the platinum protection, so maybe that??  I am interested too.  Here is from the Princess site: 

Guests who test positive for COVID-19, as well as their family members and close contacts, will not be allowed to sail and should not travel to the ship. If you, your family members, travelling companions or other close contacts are suspected of having COVID-19 and are not permitted to board, you are entitled to a 100% Future Cruise Credit (FCC).

If you are unable to sail because you tested positive for COVID-19 on embarkation day, change fees and reasonable expenses related shoreside quarantine and travel home for you and your immediate travel party will be covered by Princess if not reimbursable from medical insurance, a travel protection plan or other responsible party. Any meals during shoreside quarantine will be covered by a per-diem meal allowance as communicated by a letter provided by staff at the pier. (No receipt retention is required.)

If you have purchased a travel protection plan through us, you and your travel companion may make a claim for a refund under the trip interruption benefit instead of receiving the Future Cruise Credit.

Is this only for guests who have Platinum Protection Plan? We cannot take this plan as it does not cover people from Quebec.

Also we take our tests on a Saturday for a Monday boarding. If test is positive how do we let Princess know we will not be flying or boarding the ship on Monday? Is there a special no. to call or do we have to wait Monday morning.

24 minutes ago, LouCoop said:

Is this only for guests who have Platinum Protection Plan? We cannot take this plan as it does not cover people from Quebec.

Also we take our tests on a Saturday for a Monday boarding. If test is positive how do we let Princess know we will not be flying or boarding the ship on Monday? Is there a special no. to call or do we have to wait Monday morning.

I think it is for everyone, it is on the Princess site, not the insurance site. 

I don't know what happens if you test positive, we have been on 4 cruises and not tested positive, so, I know as much as you do.  We will see in a few weeks. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, LouCoop said:

This is on the website for sailings from the US and Canada.  

Also, if you are positive call the Princess phone no as soon as possible so you can advise them.  Also, do the same for your airline, EZAIR, hotels, insurance etc. Don’t wait till Monday.  You want it documented and cancelled.  I have called Princess lately on the regular line and wait for a prompt to see if you’re traveling right away to push.  If not, I’ve gotten through right away.  If you’re EZAIR there is an enroute number to call, shown on your travel summary too.

I see the enroute emergency for EZAIR or assistance as 1 (800) 545-0008.  This us EZair emergency.

May be very busy on weekends due to flight changes. Just FYI

Hopefully, you’ll be fine.  Good luck.

What if I test positive for COVID-19 in my pre-travel or embarkation day COVID-19 test, prior to boarding the ship?

Edited by PacnGoNow
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, PacnGoNow said:

This is on the website for sailings from the US and Canada.  

Also, if you are positive call the Princess phone no as soon as possible so you can advise them.  Also, do the same for your airline, EZAIR, hotels, insurance etc. Don’t wait till Monday.  You want it documented and cancelled.  I have called Princess lately on the regular line and wait for a prompt to see if you’re traveling right away to push.  If not, I’ve gotten through right away.  If you’re EZAIR there is an enroute number to call, shown on your travel summary too.

I see the enroute emergency for EZAIR or assistance as 1 (800) 545-0008.  This us EZair emergency.

May be very busy on weekends due to flight changes. Just FYI

Hopefully, you’ll be fine.  Good luck.

What if I test positive for COVID-19 in my pre-travel or embarkation day COVID-19 test, prior to boarding the ship?

Do you really need the platinum protection plan to get this coverage as Princess never mentions that in their policy 

Here is what it says, right from the Protection link on the Princess website home page:

Cancellation Fee Waiver1 (Non-insurance features provided by Princess Cruises)
Life is unpredictable… but you can rely on Princess Vacation Protection. If you need to cancel for specified reasons outlined in the Cancellation Fee Waiver section of the plan, you’ll receive a refund of your cancellation fees. If you need to cancel for any reason not listed in the plan, under the “Any Reason” Cancellation Enhancement feature, you’ll receive 75% of the cancellation fee amount in the form of future cruise credits under our Standard plan and 100% under the Platinum plan.

And, the first question under the Q and A is about Covid, as this posted asked.

Q: What happens if I test positive for COVID-19 and need to cancel the day before my cruise?
A: Like with any illness diagnosed and treated by a medical professional, if you test positive for COVID-19 after purchasing the plan, you will be eligible to receive a refund to your original form of payment. If you do not have an official medical diagnosis, but feel unwell, you will receive a Future Cruise Credit.

If a passenger can not board due to Covid, then in that case they should get a full refund to the original form of payment.  Otherwise, the cancel for any reason refund is a percentage of FCC,  I think this has been the non-covid policy since back before the pandemic.

NOTE: I do not know, but I believe that the insurance offered is dependent on each State, and so Princess might not offer this in Canada.  I am not sure.  But it is certainly possible that not every passenger from non-U.S. locations, would not be able to get the Princess Protection Plan.

1 hour ago, Cruise till you drop said:

Do you really need the platinum protection plan to get this coverage as Princess never mentions that in their policy 

No, some other person posted that, not me.

The quote I posted is from the Princess website and is their current policy for those sailing from the US and Canada.