Lisbon airport

The Pride debarks on the 30th of Oct. what would be the earliest flight to book back to states? Please advise I am platinum so I could walk off as soon as we are cleared by customs. I have never been in this area and I am clueless please advise.        Thank You Janet

This is a very strange year in Europe with the entire air system (especially the airports) a real mess.  If you are flying "International" back to the USA it would be wise to be at the airport about 3 hours before your scheduled flight.   Once off the ship you would need a taxi and the ride should take about 15 min.  Traffic should not be an issue on Oct 30 which is a Sunday morning.  This is also a 4 day holiday weekend (All Saints Day).  The big unknown is whether there will be a taxi waiting (not normally a problem in Lisbon).   Unless things have changed, there is Uber in Lisbon and that is always a good back-up assuming you have a working phone with the Uber App.

Hank

5 hours ago, alliecat1970 said:

The Pride debarks on the 30th of Oct. what would be the earliest flight to book back to states? Please advise I am platinum so I could walk off as soon as we are cleared by customs. I have never been in this area and I am clueless please advise.        Thank You Janet

Not planning to spend any time in Lisbon after your cruise?  It's a delightful city and easy to do on your own.

• Like 1

We took an Easyjet flight  from Funchal to Lisbon in June. 

Keep in mind that you will not have to deal with customs or security.  Walk off, no issue.  In our case straight to the subway and train station.

Not certain if you will be able to change going through security though.  Should not be an issue in Oct.

Edited by iancal

9 hours ago, alliecat1970 said:

I just came back from traveling thru Amsterdam, Zurich and Heathrow, and needed every bit of the 3 hours recommended at each of them. For that reason, and the fact that even though our ship got to port at 5am, and I am platinum, we didn’t get off the ship until nearly 6am. The flights out Lisbon that would get us home without a long overnight layover leave at 6:45 and 7am. Therefore we are staying a night in Lisbon and flying early the next morning 

Lisbon airport has outgrown its facilities and they are building a new one. In the meantime, TAP has first claim to the gates, so don't be surprised if you are bused to your plane on the tarmac and have to go up the steps to board.  And lug your carryon up the steps too.

This is particularly true if you are flying to another European country first.

This past May  were bused to the terminal from our NA flight to Lisbon.   We were bused to our connecting flight to Madeira.     

Lisbon airport arrivals at 1130 AM is a zoo.  Lots of overseas arrivals at this time.

I would advise to take one of the flights that arrives in the early AM...6:30 or so.