Testing Question for those that have been through it

2 minutes ago, mickeychicky said:

I am in Pinellas county.  The only issue I have is I'm afraid I will get some overly aggressive tester ramming that Q tip farther then just the nostril area and then getting the results timely with all the documentation the cruise lines want (name of lab, testing date, lab #, etc. etc. etc)  One screw up and my cruise will be done before it even gets started.

Go to CVS.   You do it yourself.  Just pull up appointments on the website and it will say drive through.  That means you do it yourself.  Same at Walgreens.  Easy.  

Just now, topnole said:

Go to CVS.   You do it yourself.  Just pull up appointments on the website and it will say drive through.  That means you do it yourself.  Same at Walgreens.  Easy.  

Do they email everything to you that is required by cruise lines.  They are wanting all kinds of info from your test.  Sorry for the dumb questions, I have NEVER done a test so it's all Greek to me.

5 minutes ago, mickeychicky said:

And the cruise was allowed to be booked months ago not being vaxed.

Given that they never actually ask for that information when they take your booking (and $$$), that is not a surprise. We have 20 cruises in the hopper through May 2024 that we booked post restart, and have sailed 12 times since the restart, and not one of those past or future bookings were we ever asked about our vaccination status until the online check in window opened 45 days prior to departure. They will tell you anything you want to hear as long as they get the booking.

7 minutes ago, mickeychicky said:

Do they email everything to you that is required by cruise lines.  They are wanting all kinds of info from your test.  Sorry for the dumb questions, I have NEVER done a test so it's all Greek to me.

the cruise line really asks for very little - it has to be an official result with your name on it and saying negative. The letterhead of the test facility will contain all of their appropriate details. They will email it to you after the test. 

I think you’re making this into a big hassle in your mind due to your unfamiliarity with the process. It’s really not complicated and you shouldn’t worry

7 minutes ago, mickeychicky said:

Yes.  It is no big deal.  Probably millions of people have done this over the past year.  Just go to cvs and do the test.  What they email you is all you need.  Just print out the test results and screen shot it all as a back up on your phone.  

16 hours ago, mickeychicky said:

Are those tests the one that they jam up in your nose like 6" to the point it causes nosebleeds and headaches?  My son has had to take those in the very beginning and had nosebleeds and migraines for days after that. 

I've only had one PCR that sort of hurt for a second, but then the pain passed. Idk, I guess compared to all the other sort of pain I have endured as a woman it really is non issue. I've probably had around 5-6 PCR tests now and countless antigen.  A few minutes after a PCR test, you shouldn't even have a nose tickle anymore. The antigen ones do not go up far at all and are way more "Comfortable" but idk if you can take those as an unvaccinated passenger or not. 

2 hours ago, GTO-Girl said:

Someone who is not vaccinated cannot take a home supervised test, which is a rapid antigen test.

They can only take a PCR…..

Please read the part of the OP I quoted...

16 hours ago, mickeychicky said:

If you are vaxed you can take one of those at home supervised tests that are quite expensive I hear. 

2 hours ago, GTO-Girl said:

Someone who is not vaccinated cannot take a home supervised test, which is a rapid antigen test.

They can only take a PCR…..

Likely to change with this week’s announcement of updated protocols. 

Carnival has already dropped the PCR requirement for unvaccinated 

Because you have not tested before and have some concerns about the process,  you can always get a test now so you can see for yourself what the test is like, how long it takes for results,  and what the paperwork looks like with your results.  There is a NOMI site in Bradenton and one in Port Richey on your side of the state. Might be a little more of a drive than you want.  

Before things changed on the first of July,  we were planning to just use Walgreens.  I had a visit with my parents soon so I did a practice run to see how it worked.  

21 hours ago, mickeychicky said:

Yea well I actually work for my health insurance company, soooooo there's that. 

Also RCCL website specifically says:  "Supervised telehealth tests are not accepted for unvaccinated guests – only for vaccinated guests."  And  "Telehealth testing at home is only accepted for vaccinated guests, and only when it is conducted under live video supervision."  So we would have to go somewhere and get it done which means we risk not getting results back in time.  But maybe they haven't updated their website yet and our cruise isn't until November, so maybe things will change another 10 times before then.

A friend paid 150 pp at an urgent care to get their PCR tests back immediately instead of 72 hours. 
So it’s possible to get tested and results back in time. 

11 hours ago, S.A.M.J.R. said:

rapidtestandtrace.com.  Used the government provided tests. 

Thanks for the information. Hadn’t heard of this one. We just got another supply of government provided tests so we now have plenty.