Does Hurtigruten offer discounts to repeat passengers?

vtgumby

We are booked on a Norwegian fjord trip in March, our first with Hurtigruten and I was looking to book a Greenland trip and then Antarctica trip but I wondered if Hurtigruten offers up discounts to repeat customers? 

Considering the $$ these H cruises are it would be great and I’ll just hold off booking but if not then no need to wait!

Any input from experienced H cruisers is greatly appreciated!

Thanks!

Yes, after three nights you become an 1893 Ambassador (level 2) - visit web for more details.

Hurtigruten has various offers including flights.

I have also noticed that prices does vary from different country webs - often the prices are lowest at hurtigruten.no - just note that Norwegian (EU) terms applies when booking at the Norwegian web. You might want to compare prices at the different country specific webs.

March is an excellent month for Northern Lights - but it can be very, very cold by night.

Edited by hallasm
  • Like 1

Hallasm, you are the best. A few years ago I read your advice to check the different sites and you saved us thousands and thousands of dollars so finally the cruise we booked (well before Covid) will be happening and we are psyched!

We come from snow country and love the cold so March is going to be perfect…spring skiing/riding to follow!
Do they have someone on board to book future expeditions? This is the first time I would be coming onboard a ship knowing exactly what trips I want to do because these are so not like normal cruises I guess, truly expeditions.

Looking forward to sailing with Hurtigruten and Hallasm,, I am grateful for all your words of wisdom regarding Hurt, you are very appreciated here!

7 hours ago, hallasm said:

Yes, after three nights you become an 1893 Ambassador (level 2) - visit web for more details.

Hurtigruten has various offers including flights.

I have also noticed that prices does vary from different country webs - often the prices are lowest at hurtigruten.no - just note that Norwegian (EU) terms applies when booking at the Norwegian web. You might want to compare prices at the different country specific webs.

March is an excellent month for Northern Lights - but it can be very, very cold by night.

Follow up question: considering the no refund rules associated with the NO site, would there be any advantage for me to book these expeditions now and then, after I achieve ambassador level in March, would I be able to rebook them for a potentially lesser cost? The more I think about these expeditions I’d rather be assured that we have secured a spot but I also like the idea of saving money, who am I kidding?! 😜
So if you have any thoughts please share.

Thanks!

Last question…if you book on board is it coming off NO pricing vs US or the global pricing? Prices vary quite a bit on these different sites so I’d rather book off the cheapest site (fully aware of different rules applying) rather than wait for my 5% onboard but I’d assume NO pricing for a NO line.

Frugal expeditioner! 😎

I actually do not know if booking a future voyage onboard is possible. I always book where I get the best price .

On the .no web, a 20% deposit is paid at booking, which is lost upon cancellation (See table below) - that's more than an Ambassador discount. 

When you book on-line you do not automatically get the Ambassador discount - you get that afterwards when contacting booking@hurtigruten.com . 

Register now for Ambassador level 1. My suggestion is that you contact booking and ask if you can get the discount once you have reached level two aften your first voyage.

Fees as % of total price of the travel arrangement.

90 days or more - 20%

60–89 days - 50%

30–59 days - 75%

Less than 30 days - 100%

Hurtigruten is quite different from other cruise operators- also the voyage along the Norwegian coast is part of Norway Public transport system. Many short port stops.

• 3 weeks later...
On 8/3/2022 at 2:46 PM, vtgumby said:

Follow up question: considering the no refund rules associated with the NO site, would there be any advantage for me to book these expeditions now and then, after I achieve ambassador level in March, would I be able to rebook them for a potentially lesser cost? The more I think about these expeditions I’d rather be assured that we have secured a spot but I also like the idea of saving money, who am I kidding?! 😜
So if you have any thoughts please share.

Thanks!

We looked at the .no sight and did the currency conversion to USD.  Then called the Seattle office and they did a price match to the Hurtigruten.no price.

doesn’t hurt to ask.

• Like 1

• 1 hour ago, Heartfelttraveler said:

We looked at the .no sight and did the currency conversion to USD.  Then called the Seattle office and they did a price match to the Hurtigruten.no price.

doesn’t hurt to ask.

Excellent suggestion, thanks!
    As you say, all they can say is no.

• Like 1

• 4 months later...

We were on MS Fram 11/26 - 12/18/22 In-depth Antarctica.  We just booked Disco Bay, Greenland with round-trip from Reykjavik, Iceland.  We got a 5% prior cruiser plus an additional 5% booking within 30 days of our last (and first) Hurtigruten cruise discounts, and booked during a sale! The Hurtigruten agent in Estonia was very helpful in securing discounts and transferring reservation to an agent we use is the U.S. Our Fram voyage was fabulous.