Extra bonus on pre-paid bar tab (“limited time”)

Missus Zed

When we booked our trip for Scarlet Lady (Mayan Sol) the offer for the bonus on pre-paying the $300 bar tab was $50.  We didn’t buy it at the time, since it seemed we could do it at any point before sailing, but I just looked again tonight and it seems they are now offering a $100 bonus “for a limited time” ( no idea how “limited” that is).  Not sure if I should grab it now or if these offers are going to keep getting better?  😆 Anyway, just posting it here in case others want to jump on it.  Cheers! 

The terms and conditions say the $100 offer is available through end of Agustin 2022.  I don’t think the bar tab offers will get better because the highest bonus I’m aware of is for sailors that sailed in 2021 (initial year), called Sea Blazers, and they get a $125 bonus on a $300 bar tab…lifetime…forever.

• Like 3

The VV web site says that the $100 bonus is valid until August 31, as is the new special on bookings for the remainder of 2022.  I have read, but have no personal experience, that if you have a bar tab with the $50 extra, you can call VV and request to have it adjusted to the new special...and it is happening for at least some Sailors.

"Valid through the end of August" or "valid on any sailings booked through the end of August"? I tried to find an answer in the fine print and was confused. If I book a new sailing this month, am I forced to buy my bar tab now for a cruise that won't happen for 6+ months in order to get the extra money from Virgin ($100 instead of their usual $50 "top-off")?

The fine print of the offer seemed to indicate that I could book while this offer is in effect and I'd still get the extra money even if I set up the bar tab a few weeks before sailing, because it's coded into the booking somehow as a promo, but I'm wondering if anyone has firsthand experience.

I can only speak to my experience, which was I booked my cruise in January and they were running the buy $300, get $100 deal, but I waited. They changed the deal to buy $300, get $50 bonus and while that was going on, I bought my bar tab and got the $100 bonus that was running when I booked. So, in my case, they honored the promotion that was running when I booked. I hope this helps. 

11 hours ago, cantgetin said:

The VV web site says that the $100 bonus is valid until August 31, as is the new special on bookings for the remainder of 2022.  I have read, but have no personal experience, that if you have a bar tab with the $50 extra, you can call VV and request to have it adjusted to the new special...and it is happening for at least some Sailors.

I emailed sailor services and they upped my $50 bonus to $100 when I asked.  Classy move…..it’s not like I haven’t spent a bucket of $$ on this cruise already, 50 more bucks won’t kill them & it made me a happy sailor!  LOL