Excursion Cancellation Questions

Royal has made a shift of ports and times for our upcoming Quantum of the Seas cruise to Alaska.  Originally, I had a lengthy tour planned for one of our ports and now we are considering cancelling it.  Is there a time limit as to when you can cancel a ship-sponsored tour and get your money back?  If it is possible to cancel it, how do I go about doing so?  Thanks in advance for your help.

16 minutes ago, Italy52 said:

Is there a time limit as to when you can cancel a ship-sponsored tour and get your money back?  If it is possible to cancel it, how do I go about doing so? 

Usually about two days out via the planner where you booked it. 

• Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, Biker19 said:

Usually about two days out via the planner where you booked it. 

I looked at my planner and I couldn't find a place to cancel it.  Could you possibly walk me through it?

8 minutes ago, Italy52 said:

I looked at my planner and I couldn't find a place to cancel it.  Could you possibly walk me through it?

Click on your name (,initisls. Upper right corner), you get an optiono of order history. From there you can cancel. 

Edited by Ourusualbeach
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Ourusualbeach said:

Click on your name, you get an optiono of order history. From there you can cancel. 

Thanks, I will try that.  Do you know how long it takes for the funds to go back to the credit card?  I have never dealt with a refund from Royal.

Just now, Italy52 said:

Thanks, I will try that.  Do you know how long it takes for the funds to go back to the credit card?  I have never dealt with a refund from Royal.

Probably depends on your credit card processing time. I cancelled one I bought with obc, and it was instant. 

We had one we tried to cancel after we boarded and werent allowed to cancel. 2 times offered like 830 and 930. We booked 830. 100% chance of rain. They gave us 930 and 2 days before said too late.

Go ahead and cancel before you board if you have doubts. People cancel all the time, mostly because the price dropped lol. 

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

Click on your name (,initisls. Upper right corner), you get an optiono of order history. From there you can cancel. 

Thank you very much.  Was able to cancel the excursion and it did mention how the refund would be handled.

Just now, firefly333 said:

Probably depends on your credit card processing time. I cancelled one I bought with obc, and it was instant. 

We had one we tried to cancel after we boarded and werent allowed to cancel. 2 times offered like 830 and 930. We booked 830. 100% chance of rain. They gave us 930 and 2 days before said too late.

Go ahead and cancel before you board if you have doubts. People cancel all the time, mostly because the price dropped lol. 

Thanks.  Just cancelled.  With the port time changes, our excursion would run into our dinner time.  It wasn't a real "must do" for us anyways so no biggie.