Princess came through, airfare refunded and FCC for cruise, took 35 days

Retirement2016

I am excited today.  Our airfare refund and FCC posted yesterday (refunded 100%)

Last June, we left home 3 days before our cruise.  Our first flight on AA was delayed, then cancelled .  AA rebooked us on BA for the following evening.  We spent the night close to the airport, arrived the next evening only to find out that BA flight from LHR was diverted to Canada,.  We were given an estimated flight departure 25 hours later, but BA did not offer hotel accommodation.  I immediately called the Princess Enroute 800 number, only to be told by the rep that E-Z Air department was closed, and he does not have access to book a flight, to call back next morning at 8 am. (this would 1 day before ship's departure).  At 8 am, I dialed the E-Z Air department.  It took over 3 hours for them to answer!  Of course, by then, the probability of us finding a flight to LHR was almost zero.  The E-Z Air rep searched, said "nope, no seats available to LHR to arrive before 1 pm on Sunday."  I asked if there is a possibility of flying to next port of call.  She answered "no".

I spent Sunday (the day we were to board the ship) compiling papers, composing the email and sent them off to consumerrelations@princesscruises.com.  I told myself I will give Princess 30 days to respond.

On the 35th day, I decided to call Princess at 6 am.  After 10 minute hold, I was connected to a Princess rep.  I explained my situation, she placed me on hold for 30 minutes, then disconnected the line.  I called back, was placed on hold for 55 minutes.  Explain the situation again to the second rep.  She transferred me to customer resolutions dept.  I was on hold for 1.5 hour.  By this time, I told myself, I'm not giving up. After a total of 4 hours, the resolution rep stated she didn't want me to be on hold any longer, she was waiting for E-Z Air to pick up the phone.  The rep promised me she will call back tomorrow or send an email.

I did not receive a callback, or an email BUT, when I checked my Princess account,.  To my surprise, I saw the FCC posting for the cruise (100%) and credits posted to our credit card for the E-Z Air flight (100%).  It would have been nice if the rep called or email as she promised, but I'm happy with the results. 

If anyone is waiting over 30 days for a refund/FCC, give Princess a call (800-774-6237) and ask for Customer Resolutions.  They open at 6 am Pacific time.  Put your phone on speaker and be prepare to wait.

• Like 2

happy you got it "all" refunded, even if it is FCC.  Nice to know.  We leave for our cruise in 26 days and if something happens with our flights and we miss the boat - nice to know that they do come throught

• Like 1

4 hours ago, roxievegas said:

happy you got it "all" refunded, even if it is FCC.  Nice to know.  We leave for our cruise in 26 days and if something happens with our flights and we miss the boat - nice to know that they do come throught

This was our third time trying to cruise to Norway and Iceland.  We are staying closer to home, next cruise to Alaska.  Hope you have a wonderful cruise, smooth sailing all the way.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Retirement2016 said:

I am excited today.  Our airfare refund and FCC posted yesterday (refunded 100%)

Last June, we left home 3 days before our cruise.  Our first flight on AA was delayed, then cancelled .  AA rebooked us on BA for the following evening.  We spent the night close to the airport, arrived the next evening only to find out that BA flight from LHR was diverted to Canada,.  We were given an estimated flight departure 25 hours later, but BA did not offer hotel accommodation.  I immediately called the Princess Enroute 800 number, only to be told by the rep that E-Z Air department was closed, and he does not have access to book a flight, to call back next morning at 8 am. (this would 1 day before ship's departure).  At 8 am, I dialed the E-Z Air department.  It took over 3 hours for them to answer!  Of course, by then, the probability of us finding a flight to LHR was almost zero.  The E-Z Air rep searched, said "nope, no seats available to LHR to arrive before 1 pm on Sunday."  I asked if there is a possibility of flying to next port of call.  She answered "no".

I spent Sunday (the day we were to board the ship) compiling papers, composing the email and sent them off to consumerrelations@princesscruises.com.  I told myself I will give Princess 30 days to respond.

On the 35th day, I decided to call Princess at 6 am.  After 10 minute hold, I was connected to a Princess rep.  I explained my situation, she placed me on hold for 30 minutes, then disconnected the line.  I called back, was placed on hold for 55 minutes.  Explain the situation again to the second rep.  She transferred me to customer resolutions dept.  I was on hold for 1.5 hour.  By this time, I told myself, I'm not giving up. After a total of 4 hours, the resolution rep stated she didn't want me to be on hold any longer, she was waiting for E-Z Air to pick up the phone.  The rep promised me she will call back tomorrow or send an email.

I did not receive a callback, or an email BUT, when I checked my Princess account,.  To my surprise, I saw the FCC posting for the cruise (100%) and credits posted to our credit card for the E-Z Air flight (100%).  It would have been nice if the rep called or email as she promised, but I'm happy with the results. 

If anyone is waiting over 30 days for a refund/FCC, give Princess a call (800-774-6237) and ask for Customer Resolutions.  They open at 6 am Pacific time.  Put your phone on speaker and be prepare to wait.

Thanks for the information. I’m wondering if you had been able to use the “Chat” feature would have that helped?  I’ve used that many times & they have been very helpful. 

Tom😀

10 hours ago, Retirement2016 said:

Good to hear that things worked out for you, though I can't help wondering what 800 number you called. The en route desk should be manned 24/7. From your description, I'm thinking you called the main 800-PRINCESS (800-774-6237) number, not the actual en route number, 800-545-0008. Their number is in your travel summary. You won't find it elsewhere on their website.

10 hours ago, trbarton said:

Thanks for the information. I’m wondering if you had been able to use the “Chat” feature would have that helped?  I’ve used that many times & they have been very helpful. 

Tom😀

I tried the "Chat" feature.  They could not help, had to talk to Customer Resolutions

4 hours ago, hapster85 said:

Good to hear that things worked out for you, though I can't help wondering what 800 number you called. The en route desk should be manned 24/7. From your description, I'm thinking you called the main 800-PRINCESS (800-774-6237) number, not the actual en route number, 800-545-0008. Their number is in your travel summary. You won't find it elsewhere on their website.

I did call the 800-545-0008 number.  The enroute desk answered, but the rep stated E-Z Air department was closed. 

5 hours ago, hapster85 said:

en route number, 800-545-0008.

Thanks! 

16 hours ago, Retirement2016 said:

credits posted to our credit card for the E-Z Air flight (100%).

So, you got your money back for that?  Awesome. 

11 minutes ago, Level six said:

Thanks! 

So, you got your money back for that?  Awesome. 

Yes, our flight was refunded to our credit card, which I was very surprised.  The enroute rep stated it everything (cruise, flight and port fees/taxes) would all be posted to my Princess account as FCC.  The port fees/taxes were also credited to our credit card, so only the cruise portion was posted as FCC.

• Like 1

On 8/4/2022 at 10:32 AM, Retirement2016 said:

I did call the 800-545-0008 number.  The enroute desk answered, but the rep stated E-Z Air department was closed. 

That is so strange and confusing. People could be in transit, from any where in the world, at any time of day, any day of the week. If the reps you reach can't rebook a flight, what's the point?

1 hour ago, hapster85 said:

That is so strange and confusing. People could be in transit, from any where in the world, at any time of day, any day of the week. If the reps you reach can't rebook a flight, what's the point?

Exactly what I said to the rep.  He apologized.  

• Like 1