Help with some other ports

As I mentioned in another post, we are on the RCCL Voyager doing several other ports besides Oslo.

Can anyone give me some info on 

Kristiansand (we will be in port from 8-5)

Skagen (port from 8-5)

Aarhus (port from 8-5)

What might be the best things to see or do in any or all of these ports. We are seniors, can walk about fairly well, but we aren't into real adventure type things. I am an avid amateur photographer, so I love scenery and really old-world type of things. 

Any suggestions of walking tours, or what we really should see would be so helpful. 

Cheers

Len

I opened the link to the Culture Tour and went to their web site. It does look interesting and something we might like to explore. Is the meeting place far from where our ship docks. We don't mind walking a bit.

I also saw a mention of an 'open market' and again, that would be something my wife would really like to see. Where is this in relation to where the walking tour starts, or in relation to where the ship docks?

Cheers

Len

Culture Walk is only on specific days and the start is far from the harbor - it surprises me that they have not seen the possibilities when there are cruises in the city - contact them and ask about possibilities e-mail: info@aarhusculturewalk.dk

I do not know what you are referring to with Open Market - here is a link to markets in Aarhus. Other poster has mentioned  ‘Open Market’ but it can be many things.
 The biggest attraction in Aarhus is 'Den Gamle By' (Open Air Museum).

Thank you, I just sent them an email. 

Do you have any suggestions for Kristiansand? In fact, we will there twice. We are doing a B2B cruise, and each cruise Kristiansand stops there. Any info or suggestions would be most appreciated. 

Cheers

Len

Edited by Giantfan13

Re Kristiansand....my husband and I were there in 2016 as part of a transAtlantic cruise and loved the place. Where our ship docked, it was just a short walk to the Odderoya Peninsula. This former military base, is open to the public.  The paved trail to the tip  of the peninsula as one of primarily forests and rocky ledges with spectacular overlooks. Abandoned canons, ramparts and other armaments can be visited enroute and the edge of the trail had wild blackberry and blueberry bushes laden with fruit. At the top is a cleared area abuting some ruins, overlooking the fjord and a wonderful spot for a picnic.  From there, we walked back into the vibrant, flower bedecked town for afternoon refreshments.  Our original plan next was to walk  from town to Ravnedelen Park, which we heard was very scenic.  However, it is a fairly long walk and even though we eventually could see the park's entrance in the distance,  we were out of steam  and returned to the ship.  If we had two days in that port, I would definitely return to see Ravnedalen Park.  

• Like 1

WE did some research and found a wonderful walking tour via Toms Port Guides. If you have never used Tom's guides, they are, without a doubt, the best reference for things to do in so many ports.

TOMS PORT GUIDES - Toms Port Guides, Mediterranean | SAVE MONEY on cruise port shore excursions

Cheers

Len

Edited by Giantfan13
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

4 hours ago, Giantfan13 said:

WE did some research and found a wonderful walking tour via Toms Port Guides. If you have never used Tom's guides, they are, without a doubt, the best reference for things to do in so many ports.

TOMS PORT GUIDES - Toms Port Guides, Mediterranean | SAVE MONEY on cruise port shore excursions

Cheers

Len

I have used Tom’s before thanks for reminding me 

Mark

• 7 months later...
On 8/13/2022 at 1:16 PM, Giantfan13 said:

Cheers

Len

I've never heard of Toms Port Guides and found the one for Kristiansand terrific - thanks Len!