Monkeypox and cruising

mikelong

Will monkey pox lead to government restrictions on cruising? I don’t think so. But for me personally, it’s yet another reminder that communicable diseases exist. The jam packed pool, dance floor or hot tub? I think I’ll skip. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, wcook said:

Will monkey pox lead to government restrictions on cruising? I don’t think so. But for me personally, it’s yet another reminder that communicable diseases exist. The jam packed pool, dance floor or hot tub? I think I’ll skip. 

Communicable diseases have always existed.  I don't do anything differently than I did prior to 2020.

• Like 2

18 hours ago, wcook said:

If you are going to engage in the behavior that would transmit monkey pox in those venues, I am glad you have decided to skip them. Your fellow cruisers thank you.

• Like 1

On 8/5/2022 at 4:26 PM, Cpamomma said:

I am more concerned about touching serving utensils in the  buffets on ships.  We were on a Celebrity ship earlier this year where masked and gloved servers were serving the food in the buffet.  We were on a Princess ship last week.  It was serve yourself.  This does concern me.

Don't worry about touching common use surfaces, just carry a small bottle of hand sanitizer as use it after you sit down and before you touch anything that will be going in your mouth.

All you have to do is break the change of cross-contamination.