Luggage tags on Amazon

MyTMo777

I thought I'd order luggage tags from Amazon, but my-oh-my - way too many choices! I didn't know there were so many different sizes of luggage tags. I found one especially made for NCL tags, but they were 3x more expensive than some of the other ones offered. Which tags do I need?

That’s what I’ve done in the past, but other people have said their tags were lost off their luggage between the pier and their room, so I thought luggage tag holders might help prevent that. 

• Like 2

Hi Mytmo777,

In all my cruises my luggage always arrived at my cabin with the luggage tags in tact.  I've always just stapled the two ends together.

But, that doesn't mean luggage tags can't fall off.  Do what you feel is most comfortable.

Have a great cruise.       My cruise is in September!    happytotravel

15 hours ago, MyTMo777 said:

I thought I'd order luggage tags from Amazon, but my-oh-my - way too many choices! I didn't know there were so many different sizes of luggage tags. I found one especially made for NCL tags, but they were 3x more expensive than some of the other ones offered. Which tags do I need?

I got these from CC a few years back and they work great.  It doesn't look like a link but click "wide tag" and it brings you to the purchase page.  You can't see it in the photo but it does come with a flexible plastic tag holder to connect to your luggage.  

Buy Cruise Critic Cruise Luggage Tag Holder

Narrow Tag
Wide Tag

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/ccstore/luggage-tag/

31 minutes ago, MyTMo777 said:

That’s what I’ve done in the past, but other people have said their tags were lost off their luggage between the pier and their room, so I thought luggage tag holders might help prevent that. 

Yup, ours almost always end up half torn, or ripped off etc

10 minutes ago, bortman23 said:

I always place an 8 1/2x11 piece of paper inside each checked piece of luggage with the following info:

SMITH

Cabin:  12345

Cell number

For airline flights I do it like this:

SMITH

Airline name

Flight number(s)

Routing (BOS-MCO or BOS-PHL-MCO if there is a connection)

Cell Number

• Like 4

1 hour ago, bortman23 said:

We do have plastic sleeves tags from Amazon

BUT. really, all you need to do is to use clear packing tape over the printable ones from you e-docs and staple.  That should be sufficient. 😉

• Like 1

4 hours ago, bortman23 said:

4 hours ago, jimsig said:

I always place an 8 1/2x11 piece of paper inside each checked piece of luggage with the following info:

We use luggage tags holders on the top and side handles of each suitcase. Putting something inside a case assumes that someone will open your case. The ship is not TSA and does not have TSA pass keys to open a case and put it in lost and found. Airlines, pretty much the same, will leave it in lost and found and eventually send it off to auction without ever attempting to find an owner. 

Edited by BirdTravels

I bought and used them.  Two of the three got torn off the bags and we had to go find our luggage.  I used the straps that came with the tag holders and they were applied correctly.  

After that occurred I just began using a strip of clear packing tape over the front and back of the printed tag and then staple or tape it closed onto your bag handle. None of those ever came off for us and all our bags were at our door waiting for us.

Now, we carry on our bags whenever possible. They have wheels and we don’t mind pulling them with us.  2 trips done this way and not planning on stopping!  Easy peasy!

17 hours ago, BirdTravels said:

We use luggage tags holders on the top and side handles of each suitcase. Putting something inside a case assumes that someone will open your case. The ship is not TSA and does not have TSA pass keys to open a case and put it in lost and found. Airlines, pretty much the same, will leave it in lost and found and eventually send it off to auction without ever attempting to find an owner. 

Maybe it gets checked and maybe it doesn't but if someone else gets your bag by mistake they have the info to get it back to you. 

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, ChiefMateJRK said:

That actually has never really happened.

I guess I don’t know what happened to me personally then.  I was sure that is exactly what happened to TWO of our family’s three bags!  I must have a better imagination than I thought, because I can still see the room where I had to go to find/identify my luggage.  I can still remember the disruption to the day.  But, after all, YOU said unequivocally that it has never happened.  So, who am I to say it happened to me.  

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, Robin122 said:

I guess I don’t know what happened to me personally then.  I was sure that is exactly what happened to TWO of our family’s three bags!  I must have a better imagination than I thought, because I can still see the room where I had to go to find/identify my luggage.  I can still remember the disruption to the day.  But, after all, YOU said unequivocally that it has never happened.  So, who am I to say it happened to me.  

I guess you must have dreamt it.

6 hours ago, ChiefMateJRK said:

Must have dreamt it as well that one of my bags didn't show in my room on an RC cruise back when they still sent you tags.  I told the cabin steward I was missing a bag and he told me where to go to find it. There were about 50 bags in two separate piles and a couple crew members with them.  I told them my bag never showed up.  They asked my name and they told me I was not on the list, and I asked what list and they said the list of those that tried to sneak alcohol on so it would be in the second pile.  It was there without a tag and I took back to my cabin. 

Just now, jimsig said:

Must have dreamt it as well that one of my bags didn't show in my room on an RC cruise back when they still sent you tags.  I told the cabin steward I was missing a bag and he told me where to go to find it. There were about 50 bags in two separate piles and a couple crew members with them.  I told them my bag never showed up.  They asked my name and they told me I was not on the list, and I asked what list and they said the list of those that tried to sneak alcohol on so it would be in the second pile.  It was there without a tag and I took back to my cabin. 

Well if you hadn't tried to smuggle booze, your luggage would have made it to your room.  🤣

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, ChiefMateJRK said:

How would you know that?

6 hours ago, ChiefMateJRK said:

I guess you must have dreamt it.

Really?

1 hour ago, ChiefMateJRK said:

Well if you hadn't tried to smuggle booze, your luggage would have made it to your room.  🤣

Huh? Me thinks Popeye might have had a little of that smuggled booze in his spinach tonight!!

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, ChiefMateJRK said:

Yeah, I was just clowning around.  I thought that was obvious.  🤡

oh.  Never mind.  No harm, no foul. 

maybe next time you are being silly include the clown face on the first post.  Then we will know you are playing.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Robin122 said:

oh.  Never mind.  No harm, no foul. 

maybe next time you are being silly include the clown face on the first post.  Then we will know you are playing.

LOL.  Luggage tags are one of my favorite topics on the forum.  About one in a thousand bags wind up in the naughty room and it likely takes about 15 minutes for the poor owner to claim it.  On the long (and growing) list of cruiser complaints, this one falls way, way, WAY below clogged toilet systems.🤣