Parking, Walmart - Springhill Suites Newark Airport (Oasis Cruise)

Nessa1dc

Hello Everyone and I thank you in advance for any information you can share.

My family will be on the Oasis of the Seas departing on Sunday, August 14 (next week - WOOHOO).

We will be driving to NJ on Saturday, August 13th.  We are staying at the Spring Hill Suites, Newark Airport and will be parking at the Port.  So here are my questions:

1.  We would like to head to Walmart on Saturday for some last minute items (sandals, etc.).  Where is the closest Walmart?

2.  Anyplace good for dinner...nothing fancy, just a few places close to the airport that I can suggest to my family...and yes...TGIF, Chili's is all good.

3.  We will need a liquor store for our wine to take on the ship...anything close to the hotel or to Walmart?

4.  We will be driving to the Port.  Is there an address to place in my GPS?  I drop off luggage and then park in the garage?  Is there signage for this?  Is there a covered garage or is it out in the open?  Are there more than enough spots?

5.  Is Spring Hill Suites nice?

6.  We have a check-in appointment at 11am for the cruise.  My BIL has an appt. at 12pm.  We are riding together.  Does he have to wait somewhere or can he check-in at Oasis with us?

We are not newbies to cruising or Bayonne Port,  but its been forever and we rarely have driven.  Thank you all in advance.

10 hours ago, Nessa1dc said:

Hello Everyone and I thank you in advance for any information you can share.

My family will be on the Oasis of the Seas departing on Sunday, August 14 (next week - WOOHOO).

We will be driving to NJ on Saturday, August 13th.  We are staying at the Spring Hill Suites, Newark Airport and will be parking at the Port.  So here are my questions:

1-there is a Walmart in Bayonne close to Cape Liberty, could you wait until Sunday and stop at Walmart (opens 6am) prior to going to the cruise port? There is a Walmart in Kearny NJ but I think the location in Bayonne is the best choice be it Saturday night or Sunday morning.

2-limited dining options close to your hotel. If you chose to drive to Walmart in Bayonne on Saturday prior to checking in, you will have dining choices in Bayonne.

The Iron Bound section of Newark(downtown) is known for its Portuguese & Brazilian cuisine.

3-Wine Warehouse in Bayonne (opens 9am Sundays) is near Walmart & the cruise port.

4-4 Port Terminal Blvd is the address. Goldsborough Dr is the name of the street that leads to the terminal. Starbucks is 26 Goldsborough Dr, if 4 Port Terminal does not work use Starbucks and take Goldsborough Dr to the end.

If you are going from your hotel directly to the port, stay to the left after paying at the NJTP toll booth. Follow the sign for 440/Chosin Few Way. Then go right onto Chosin Few Way to the end which is Goldsborough Dr. Left on Goldsborough to the end.

If you go to Walmart on Sunday, you could follow as above except turn right on Goldsborough, then left at the light onto 440 towards Walmart. Or follow 440 after paying the NJTP toll. NJ is lacking on road signage, there will be signs to the terminal but do look for them.

More than enough parking. There is a covered outdoor lot and uncovered surface lots. Celebrity Summit is no longer sailing from Bayonne. Adventure & Oasis remain. Handicap plates are given priority for the garage, you will be directed where to park by traffic personnel. Take the parking ticket with you on the cruise. If you are in the garage you pay for parking on disembarking before going to your vehicle. Some in surface lots have reported paying prior to boarding and some have reported paying on disembarking. 

Employees will be present to help at the pay machines, expect a line and another line for the 1 working elevator in the garage. I think you may need the pay stub to raise the gate at the exit.

You must pass the luggage drop zone prior to parking where you are assigned. I recommend, you stop there. Some of the surface lots are quite far from the terminal, the garage is at most a 90 second walk from the terminal.

6-October 2021 I had a 12 noon boarding time. Hundreds were waiting outside the terminal and the line to enter was very long. At 11:30 I approached the employee at the entry point, he informed me that 11, 11:30 & 12 noon could join the line. I cannot say that is still the policy, most likely your brother in law will not be allowed to enter at 11am. Check at the entry point before standing in line.

• Thanks 1