Disembarking in Egypt for Israeli citizens

Maksim

We are planning on Mediterranean cruise in 2023. We have friends that are Israeli citizens that would like to join us. Does anyone know if a cruise line or a tour company provide visa for such passengers.  

Absolutely have your friends check with the authorities in Israel and who they can find for Egypt.  I know it is a very delicate situation.  back in the day (last time 2009), I had my passport stamps for Israel put on a separate piece of paper and kept in my passport because Egypt and some Middle East countries would not allow you to enter if you had an Israeli stamp.  And, for awhile, vise versa.  That was with a US passport, so I could imagine some difficulties may arise with an Israeli citizen with an Israeli passport.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, slidergirl said:

Absolutely have your friends check with the authorities in Israel and who they can find for Egypt.  I know it is a very delicate situation.  back in the day (last time 2009), I had my passport stamps for Israel put on a separate piece of paper and kept in my passport because Egypt and some Middle East countries would not allow you to enter if you had an Israeli stamp.  And, for awhile, vise versa.  That was with a US passport, so I could imagine some difficulties may arise with an Israeli citizen with an Israeli passport.

We had the same thing happen to us years ago when traveling in Greece and Turkey.  Very common on the Marmaris/Rhodes ferry run.

One of them would place their passport stamp on a paper and insert it loosely in our passports.

Edited by iancal

On 8/8/2022 at 8:58 AM, slidergirl said:

Agree, with above comments.  Egypt must have an embassy in Tele Aviv, your friends can consult with regarding requirements and possibly a local travel agent might be of help.   We are US citizens who have traveled many times to both Israel and Egypt.  

15 hours ago, Maksim said:

Thank you all. The issue is that these folks are not US citizens,  but Israeli. Therefore we are not certain they will get the permission to disembark. 

That is why i wrote that they need to contact their embassies/consulates for Egypt.  

19 hours ago, Maksim said:

Thank you all. The issue is that these folks are not US citizens,  but Israeli. Therefore we are not certain they will get the permission to disembark. 

Egypt and Israel have had full diplomatic relations for over 40 years. There are direct flights and bus service between the countries. There’s even a land border Israelis can walk across (though the Eliot/Taba birder has some of the most bizzaro visa rules anywhere.)

So the good news is that Israelis are certainly allowed to stop in Egypt. The bad news is Egypt doesn’t make it particularly easy to get the necessary tourist visa. No visa on arrival. No evisa so Israelis are stuck getting one from the Egyptian embassy in Tel Aviv. Which means dealing with Egyptian be bureaucracy . Which with either be a hassle or piece of cake with no way of knowing which ahead of time.