Two Cruise Terminals in Cozumel?

waytoodeep03

Usually when cruising we go to one terminal that has a lot of vans and out door vendors which is a short drive from chankanaab. Last time we went to Cozumel they dropped us off in another part that looked more like a downtown area. It was very busy, lots of shops and buildings.  I remember going to a Hooters close by for wifi. It was a much better port than the usual.

What determines which port the ship goes to? 

I docked downtown one time. I think the carnival pier was full. I had booked a excursion which then I had to cab back to where we were supposed to have docked. ..though downtown was a nice change. Rarely happens. Once in about 20 years. 

There are actually three piers in Cozumel. Carnival Corp ships usually use the Puerto Maya one which is the furthest from downtown. Royal Caribbean and Celebrity usually use the International Pier. NCL, MSC, and Disney I believe usually use the downtown pier. Sometimes though depending on what ships are in port you can end up at a different pier. 

Carnival's Puerto Maya and RCI's International pier are right next to each other, much closer to the beach clubs in Cozumel.

Just google Cozumel's pier schedule and either Puerto Maya or International are 15 minutes or less to the beach clubs.

On my Celebrity cruise this past April, we docked, disembarked and went off to meet our taxi driver.  Realized we weren't at the pier we were at in January while on Pride.  And that wasn't the pier I was at on MSC .  Turned out, the Summit docked at the old pier, where we docked on my very first cruise on Jubilee April 2001.  Had never docked there any time after that.

They all seem to be downtown to me.  And I have no idea what each pier is called.  But I think I liked the one where Carnival docks the least.

1 hour ago, NCTribeFan said:

On my Celebrity cruise this past April, we docked, disembarked and went off to meet our taxi driver.  Realized we weren't at the pier we were at in January while on Pride.  And that wasn't the pier I was at on MSC .  Turned out, the Summit docked at the old pier, where we docked on my very first cruise on Jubilee April 2001.  Had never docked there any time after that.

They all seem to be downtown to me.  And I have no idea what each pier is called.  But I think I liked the one where Carnival docks the least.

Agreed. The one Carnival docks at is boring. 

The downtown pier is the best. Lots to see and do. Don't have to take a cab to go many places as it is all right there